winning bidder says they forgot that they placed a bid and don't intend to buy. Do I report them

After the auction ended the winning bidder says they forgot that they put on a bid and don't intend to buy. Should I just relist the item as there's no hope of her paying or should I inform Ebay that she is a non-payer after four days?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

winning bidder says they forgot that they placed a bid and don't intend to buy. Do I report them

Yep, unfortunately you will have to wait the full 4 days,  not for the buyer to change their mind and pay, they won't , but because it's the rules,  and the best way to deal with non payers.

After 4 days proveed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

You seller fees are refunded,  and you can relist the item if you wish.

Put all non payers on your blocked buyers list so they do not return.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

on day 5 cancel with - buyer did not pay - they get an unpaid strike and you get your selling fees back.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

And don't forget to add them to your Blocked Bidders list

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent