customer wants to pay cash

how do i talk to ebay about this because the automated help does not understand.

regards

graham

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Cash for a collection item after purchase is best.

When your buyer comes collects and pays cash this then is how to finlaise that transaction.

You need to do this now, only on the Seller Hub

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ovw

go to Orders >> Awaiting Postage / Print Postage label, and then click the box on the left of the item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ord/?filter=status:AWAITING_SHIPMENT

From the Postage tab above, use the drop down menu there, if the option to mark as collected is not there, then select Mark as Paid and Mark as Dispatched.

Dispatched is eBay's wording for a collected item.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

When you set up your listings it's best to use the Advanced Selling Template, sometimes referred to as the Business Selling Template, as you can do more with it than you can with the bog standard selling template.

When it comes to setting the postage options you can also include the option to collect the item in person, either instead of offering postage or on items where you've offered a postage option but also want to give the buyer the option of collecting the item in person.

If you do decide to include the Collection In Person option on your listings make sure that eBay have not opted you into the option of automatically taking payment via Checkout, which they appear to have sneakily imposed on sellers without actually saying anything about it.  That way if somebody wants to make a Best Offer (that is, if you have included the Best Offer option on the listing) then they will not have to submit their card details prior to paying for the item.  At present eBay's new scheme of forcing buyers to leave card details when making an offer removes the buyer's option to pay the seller in cash, even if the seller has included a Collection In Person option on the listing.  Therefore, if you deactivate that option on your listings in the event that eBay have added it without your consent, you can then add something to the item description along the lines of "I have included a Collection In Person Option on the listing and had also included the option at Checkout to select the option saying 'I will pay the seller when I collect the item.'"

If you do decide to follow the advice given in the previous paragraph then there is a better chance that any potential buyers will feel reassured by the fact that they can select the "I will pay the seller when I collect the item" option when they are going through Checkout.  Unless eBay have discontinued this option since I gave up selling on eBay your buyer should then have the option of choosing to pay you in cash and collecting the item from you in person.

In the event that your question relates to an item that you have already sold but you did not include an option on the listing to allow the buyer to choose to pay you in cash when proceeding through checkout then send the buyer an e-mail via eBay Messages.  Provide him/her with your address and postcode and contact number (you are allowed to do this once the buyer has committed to buying the item and will not be penalised by eBay for exchanging contact details at this point) and once the buyer arrives at your home you can then accept payment in cash for the item.  However, unless you included the option I spoke about earlier whereby the buyer can select the option to pay in cash when he/she collects the item, eBay will think that although the buyer has committed to the sale he/she still hasn't paid.  There is an easy solution to this problem, which I have outlined below:

Once the buyer has turned up at your address to collect the item and you have accepted the cash log back into your eBay account, click on the £ sign to confirm that payment has been taken and then click on the envelope icon to confirm that the item has been despatched.  If you do that then it will prevent eBay from harassing the buyer with constant reminders to make payment for the item, as you will have confirmed that you have been paid by the buyer, even though you will have to do this manually in order to get around the problem.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

As long as the buyer purchases through the eBay listing you can take cash on collection.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got payments related questions? Start here: