automatic payments

Dear Ebay team,

I wanted to bring your  attention to the newish system of having to put in your payment details before making an offer.  I personally do not wish for my bank details/paypal to be held by ebay and so I remove them.  When you make an offer it can take some time for someone to get back to you and so  I had removed my paypal details and then the person accepted my offer.  This meant that the offer was pending and I could not pay it as I had removed my pay pal option.  It meant I had to contact the seller and ask them to cancel and relist.  I have been a buyer on ebay for a long time and I am concerned that the system of making an offer  you have to put your details in.  I will not be purchasing from ebay in the offer way unless they change their system so that you can pay for it manually like the other methods of payment on ebay.  Its such a shame that this was introduced without having the option to pay manually.

kind regards Ruth

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

automatic payments

papso22
Experienced Mentor

It's the sellers choice to want immediate payment for offers.

EBay won't remove it, in fact they may well extend it to auctions.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

automatic payments

Thank you for letting me know it makes my decision easier pity as I thought this was about the buyers as well not just the sellers as you need both kind regards Ruth

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

automatic payments

It is not just for offers.  I was surprised when I paid for something that I was not asked for any security information for my credit card payment.  It turns out that once you pay for anything, BIN or auction, not even an offer, ebay stores your payment information including the security code.

I've had to go into my payments and remove the information.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

automatic payments

Thank you for the tip will look into that. Are they allowed to do that without our consent???

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

automatic payments

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Adding to the advice already given -

With the 'new' system quite apart from not informing the buyer that once they have agreed, they are in for good and they don't tell you a buyer cannot use PayPal credit, cannot combine postage, cannot use cash on collection, cannot change the delivery address, cannot use coupons, cannot use click & collect, cannot use Global, cannot use alternative payment methods, cannot use coupons etc.

It seems eBay might bring this in for auctions – unless a buyer has agreed they cannot bid.

No special TC have been published for this agreement.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

automatic payments

When you use this process for an offer eBay tells you that by proceeding you authorise the other automatic payments,  so you did consent when you proceeded.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got payments related questions? Start here: