about the transactions ebay I never ordered

about the pending transactions ebay. I never ordered I would like to know why? 

This is the order number 0211139005393.

The collected money in my bank £9.01 .

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You are not speaking to anybody from eBay on these boards.  The replies that you see from people on the eBay Community Forum are from other site users just like yourself, although once in a blue moon an eBay employee may make an appearance (if this happens you can usually tell that this is the case, as the reply will be enclosed in a blue box). 

With regards to your query, if you did not purchase anything using your eBay account and you do not share the same account with anybody else who also buys stuff on eBay, then I would strongly advise you to contact eBay as soon as possible and tell them that you suspect that your account has been hacked, quoting the order number you gave in your query on this thread.  First of all, though, change your password for your account, making sure that you use a new password containing several characters, ideally with letters, numbers and symbols.  The idea behind this is to make it as difficult as possile for a hacker to successfully work out what your password is due to the complexity of the chosen password, whilst at the same time choosing something that is so memorable to you that you can remember the new, stronger password as easily as you can remember your name.

Once you have got through to an eBay representative your account will more than likely be temporarily frozen whilst eBay investigate the matter.  If you get onto eBay first thing in the morning you've got a better chance of getting through to an eBay representative who speaks English as his/her first language, rather than getting through to an overseas helpdesk where they only speak English as a second language, or worse still, getting lumbered with an AI 'bot that doesn't actually comprehend what you are saying and just ends up giving you silly answers that are of virtually no use at all.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

This a forum for eBay users and no one from eBay will see your post.

More information would be useful.

Is the item showing in your eBay purchase history?

If not have you accidentally bought as a guest or created another account by using the "continue with Facebook, Google or Apple" buttons on the log in page.

eBay checkout is also known to duplicate pending payments on bank accounts.

When that happens one payment will complete and the duplicate one will disappear after a few days.

The trouble with duplicate pending payments is the money is deducted from your available bank balance but doesn't actually leave your account.

The money is ring fenced by eBay until the it's released because the transaction doesn't complete.

Talk to your bank if you are worried.

If you want to talk to eBay customer services here's a link to get a callback.

They are closed now but will open at 9am Saturday morning.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

People should remember karma is like a rubber band.
It only stretches so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent