Refund

A few days ago, I ordered (by accident) a set of pushchair handle covers.  It arrived & I found out it was only 1!  I requested a refund as I can't use just 1.

The seller said "yes, but you need to pay return postage. "  

I queried this & they offered a partial refund.  I decided to accept it as it is less hassle than arguing.

They emailed to say "Dear, we would very much like to give you a refund but you opened a return and the funds for this order were frozen by eBay, so there is no way we can operate a partial refund for you, when we try to give you a reund, the system shows: A post-tansaction case exists on this order, seller refund cannot be triggered. Could you please close your case firstly? Hope we can get your understanding."

Am I being scammed with this response or is it correct?

As a single mother, I can ill afford to be "fleeced"!

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refund

Do not close the case as you cannot open another for that item with eBay,  and 'promises' of a partial refund cannot be enforced.

Message the seller that you would now just like a full refund.

Stick with the case, if the seller wants their item back they need to pay for that fully tracked return postage,  if not they need to refund within 3 days.  Or on receipt of their item,  to refund you within 48 hours.

If those timelines pass with no refund,  escalate the case,  eBay step in and force the refund.

Do not close the case early on any excuse or promises, and do not forget to escalate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Refund

Do not close the case as you cannot open another for that item with eBay,  and 'promises' of a partial refund cannot be enforced.

Message the seller that you would now just like a full refund.

Stick with the case, if the seller wants their item back they need to pay for that fully tracked return postage,  if not they need to refund within 3 days.  Or on receipt of their item,  to refund you within 48 hours.

If those timelines pass with no refund,  escalate the case,  eBay step in and force the refund.

Do not close the case early on any excuse or promises, and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Refund

If you close it you won't be able to open another one if the seller doesn't refund.   So it's safer for you to proceed with the return and send it back.   You will be able to escalate it to ebay after 3 complete working days.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Refund

Do not close your case, your seller wants you to do so he doesn't have to refund you.

If you feel you have received a misdescribed item you are entitled to a full refund.

This sounds like a Chinese seller but it makes no difference. Open an Item not as described case and escalate it after 3 working days. 

Sellers are required to send a return label but it will be difficult to send one from China but that is not your problem.

Check where your item was coming from, it will be on the listing. If it was from a UK location it has to be returned to a UK location.

******************************************************************************************