Payment Being held.

Greetings everyone, So my account was restricted so basically eBay are saying I can buy and message people but can't sell on there which is fair enough because for a long time eBay's behaviour is ridiculous, Considering I had a big account no negative feedbacks and stuck with in the boundaries.

Now there are holding £5000 of money that is not on hold and it's been released but there saying I have to wait 60 - 70 days , the customer has already got the product and has had it for at least 4 weeks now and EBay has even took there fees from that transaction which is over £650 we've asked them to show us where in there policies does it state they can do that, also show us a copy of our signed agreement, Also there is no issue or outstanding fees other than what im owed.

There justification for holding my money is that because my account is restricted but I've told them it's past that now because we know my account is restricted indefinitely from the 30th August so by are they using that excuse, I've got numerous recordings with them contradicting themselves timean time again and countless emails contradicting themselves.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you resolve the situation.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Payment Being held.

If you read your user agreement it says many things but one thing that applies to you is where it says something like "if you use our services you fully agree to our terms and conditions" so there is no "signed" user agreement as such.

The hold is probably because you are a new seller and have sold high end stuff.

You might be better off posting on the business seller board.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

" Considering I had a big account " does that mean you have another account ?.

If so the status of that account may affect this small one.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

I've been on eBay for 2 years , but there using the fact of my account has been restricted a few weeks ago that's why there holding my funds but we're saying that's not a reason within the boundaries of your policies or the user agreement we've gone through it as well.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

I only had the one account mate.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

Hello, I read this post and is seems I am heading down this same path...did you manage to get your funds ? what happened?

Many thanks

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

Payments are placed on hold for a security measure both for your account and for your buyer.

You are a new seller,  eBay have none of your selling history,  so they need to see that a paid for item,  will be shipped and delivered to the buyer.  If you have tracking showing delivery,  this will speed up that payout, and it is sent to your bank usually within a few days.

This has to be in place otherwise anyone could come on eBay sell expensive items,  take the money and not post out the item. 

Once you are established as a good seller posting out items promptly,  this hold stops,  and you can select a daily or weekly payout from your sales.

@lilysp_64 

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

Thanks for your message but what your saying is exactly what i've wrote down and furthermore if you look in there outdated user agreement there is nothing there that states they can take certain actions for example hold your money and the customer has had the product for a long period of time.

As long as you upload the tracking number and there is proof of delivery ebay has got no reason to question the situation and then the customer went down the route of saying that they have not received the product which they did receive it.

The conclusion of this situation is when i got my solicitor involved and pointed out all there inconsistency'sin there user agreement they paid up up fast.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

You ok thanks for the message, Yes i got paid out way within the time that they was saying the was going to release the funds, I would just say keep the pressure on them and all there inconsistencies are in the uswer agreement you should get paid out quickly when you start pointing out certain points.

Ebay have a got cheek but its companies like these that think they can get away with anything until we say something then they back down and end up paying, if theres anything that i can help with just let me know.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

May be 2 years a member, but any break from a regular selling pattern leaves you with the possibility of being defaulted to Occasional/Returning Seller status with Payment Holds which seems to have happened here >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=2&query=S...

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

What your talking about is not what took place my guy, My situation occured because i sold my item the customer received it also signed for it then the said they didnt receive it so straight away i spotted the dishonesty in the customer they even opened a case so when they did that i spoke to ebay showed the dialogue between me and the buyer and showed them the eveidence of delivery and ebay straight away took my side then after that they called me and said they will release my funds in 90 days , i said to them no you wont because you can see what the buyer is doing and you've agreed that im in the right and not mention that the buyer's account was not even 2 weeks old so we all know what is taking place here and then ebay said i will get paid in 90 days so i said ok if you want to go down this unjust road even though you can see the level of dishonesty that is taking place here me and i my solicitior will go through your user agreement from top to bottom and we will apply pressure on your company and thats what we done, as soon as we pointed out all there flaws in the user agreement within 2 weeks they paid up so the moral of this sitaution is ebay make up there own rules as they go along and if you dont check certain points in the user agreement you will not get paid and the customer will end up with your product for free and that dont include the fact of i have got several recordings of converstaions between myself and ebay representatives where they state that there is no gaurantee that after the 90 days your funds will be released and that was not going to happen with myself thats why i applied all that pressure on that straight away with no delay.

Ebay are wrong and no way should they be allowed to get away with any type of injustice simple as that.

Respectfully.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Payment Being held.

ebay have restricted my account and kept my money for over 70days the last time i sold somthing was 70 days ago and the last time customer recieved an item sent was 70days ago and also one of the customers claimed that royal mail lost the time claimed a refund then collected the item for royal mail. as a seller who is on our side!!

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got payments related questions? Start here: