sending offers to buyers. this is happening to me also.

I see this guys got the same problem.  a few answers from the kind Mentors i read. one was from tressygirl (who was invaluable to me once before) 

My dementias worse, and im not understanding the answer she gave about you wont get an offer from the same seller, if you'd bought the same item from them previously.  Am i missing something ? because  i bought a knitting pattern from  a seller a couple of years ago. And memory not serving well, i started watching the same pattern from them, whilst i hunted through the lots i have. As bells were ringing i had it already. Then lo and beold i DID recieve an offer from them for the exact pattern, that i had infact already bought from them.

tressygirl. dear, did i read your answer wrong?

Another thing to add is that ebay have stopped sending me the offers of no final value fees, or somthing like that, i cant remember what they used to send me very often.  but they have anyway.  3 days at a time, i think. And i think, ive not had one for about a year??? or  for a long time now. But their offer was only for about 3 days Any suggestions on this, please? I get the free listings though.

Thanks in advance for any answers. i probably wont see them for a long time, as i only stumbled on here again tonight, like i stumbled on here once before , a couple of years or more ago !!! 

I still dont know my way around ebay!!! apart from when i get them to call me, after going round and round in circles to get a call back, is the only help i understand. As most things now on here when i read them confuse the life out of me. The only thing i did understand was a threatening message i got from ebay, saying that my account was seriously under threat, as i was below THEIR STANDARDS. I dont understand why tho! At least they could have had the curtesy to say why? because when i looked it up, it said i was ABOUVE AVERAGE STANDARDS and did i wish to become a TOP RATED SELLER and get a pretty badge after my name? Nah, i'll pass on that one, because they'll probably take it back, faster than they'd give it me!!!

Kat ( with dementia)🤷🧑‍🦳

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Two things I can answer straight off.

The promotional offers 4 days, with a maximum of 100 listings with a discount on final value fees, for example 80%. 

Ebay still does these but not to so many members, I and many others have not had an offer since February, so don't think you have been picked on, many of us have.

Seller standards, from what you say it is confusing, but the place to look is your seller dashboard,which will show if you have any defects or whether you are below standard.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347&st=3&pos=5&que...

Offers - best to read this, eBay does change rules without telling anyone, but reading this may help - https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144&st=3&...

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

omg !john, thank you so much for replying to all my queries, so quickly! i didnt know you had! As ive been bouncing about here and there, as i always do, like a pin ball ! god knows how, but i bounced back here by chance again! i 'd found myself on the badge page, somehow, and previous to that id bounced on to questions id asked tressygirl and her kind answers to me. Sadly i only rememberd she'd helped me out once, previously. But tonight, i find that shes helped me out lots of times before! i didnt remeber any of them, but ive just read all of them through again. Now reemember, why i asked the questions, but unfortunatly forgot to come back, (not that i'd be able to at the drop of a hat) to find any answers! Buts shes so lovely, in her replies to me, now that ive seen them from a couple of years ago up to january this year. i just wish Mre Dementia would remind me to that id ever asked any questions before!🤬

So thankk you John for your kind and helpful replies. you hit the nail on the head with the 80% thingy. Its sad you dont get them now either. I used to get them once every month or so. Always when id not looked at my messages for a couple of days, and sods law, id had one come and go !!!

It seams to me that ebay are gradually tightening their belt, and throttling us sellers at the same time...And seeing as i only sell something about once a month, and earn £1. dosen't seem to be worth the effort i put into my listings, and the amount of sharing i do. im on here from morning till bed, 7days a week. Unles hubs drags me out metal detecting, magnet fishing, of angling. Is the only time im away from here. And nothings easy, cut and dried on here, now, with them changing everything all the time. i did say that i was jacking the jewellery in. to sell my knitting patterns instead. as i cant follow a pattern for toffees now. But had a run in with a couple of sellers, as id used their photos, which i thought i could, seeing as other sellers had the same crease mark on their patterns, but she insisted she was the designer..so i removed it. then ebay wrote me after i complained, and told me to relist the items, as theyd made an error. So i did. But then this woman got me banned from selling for 3 days, because id relisted it.! Ive since found out from a few 5* sellers on here, what a liar this woman is, as they've had run ins with her. But as luck would have it, ive actually bought the pattern 2 times, as id forgotten id already bought it. So i relisted it again. Now im just waiting for her, or ebay to come at me again, and i shall let rip this time.

Gone off on a tangent havent i ? sorry john🤦

So ill be off now and look up your answers to me just now, love.

Thank you for your help and swift reply. And well done me for boinging back to here!🤣🤣🤣

take care now.

Kat 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent