reporting a buyer

How can I get an update on my reporting a buyer for falsely claiming item was faulty?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

reporting a buyer

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You can't, eBay won't share anything with you.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

reporting a buyer

You are unlikely to get an update.  If Ebay take any action, they will not share it with you.

Did you refund the buyer?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

reporting a buyer

No, buyer did not notify me of a problem. The first I heard was through the negative feedback he left. I've always understood that negative feedback without contacting the seller violates e-bay policy???  I requested that the buyer change their feedback but that went nowhere. 

The buyer claims the items were faulty, but gave me no chance to address or confirm this. I reported the buyer for making false claims as I know the items were in good condition. 

Honestly, if I don't hear anything from e-bay (not even an update), I'll just leave all together and sell elsewhere.

Thanks for repyling!

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

reporting a buyer

Buyers don't have to contact a seller before they leave a negative.

if you didn't get the item back, you can't really be sure of the buyer's experience - they may have found the item to be faulty.  Their comments do sound plausible.

It is possible that Ebay have not taken any action on your complaint. Obviously, I don't know this, but, as far as I can see, you did not have any evidence to support your report.

If I had received such a negative, I would have apologised to the buyer and encouraged them to open a return through Ebay.

On receipt of the item, and after I had refunded the buyer, I would have sent them a feedback revision request.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent