account stolen

My account was hacked and stolen last night and now I can't even log in to recover anything as the hackers have changed all my details. I have tried to use the ebay chat service but it just tells me to call their contact number and then when I call the number I can never get through to an agent. No matter what option I chose it just wants to text me a link to sort it out online. I'm just chasing my tail and it's driving me mad. I have had to create this new account so that I could post on here.  I have held that ebay account for more than 25 years with 100% positive feedback. On top of that I had cards stored for the instand payments and I've now had to freeze them with the bank. This is really poor from ebay. Please help!

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

account stolen

This explains how to report a hacked account:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/account/protecting-account/securing-account?id=4196&st=2&pos=1&query=Sec....

You will need to contact eBay Customer Services, I usually recomend that it's preferable to contact first thing when the lines first open at 8 a.m. as there's more chance of Dublin answering, however,  with a hacked account the sooner this is reported and dealt with the better.

Also change passwords on all accounts you hold especially your email account,  and keep a close eye on them for the following weeks,  for any untoward transactions.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

account stolen

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

It was hard work and very stressful. I eventually got to speak to customer services who have secured my original account but I can't access it yet until the password reset email comes through which seems lost in the system.

I'll try again tomorrow but not building my hopes up. Bring back good old British customer service instead of call centres all over the world!

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

account stolen

I agree with all your sentiments!

Do call at 8 a.m. Dublin may have a better way forward for you here.

Good Luck !

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent