TIME CHANGE IN THE UK

Anyone else having issues with Time change in the UK, with auctions ending an hour earlier today?

Massive issue for me, as my auctions are always set to start ending from 7.30pm tonight and all my buyers know this. If this is happening to all buyers in the UK on fixed time auction ending, then the potential for loss of sales, from last minute bidding, which is standard for my type of sales, could be in the millions.

Please talk to eBay if this may affect you. I have told them before about this issue and they still haven't addresed it.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

TIME CHANGE IN THE UK

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

The clocks have been changing for as long as I can remember, and listings ending today will end an hour earlier than when they were set up.  eBay works in  24 hr periods. Because the 1am-2am period is repeated on the 29th listings will end one hour earlier. 

It's always been like this, I don't see how this could be changed. 

You just need to factor this in when setting up auction style listings that will be running through a clock time change.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

TIME CHANGE IN THE UK

I agree, but I don’t understand how or why, eBay doesn’t fix it. Surely we pay them enough money in fee’s for them to be able to make the adjustment in their system to do it.

They just seem to ignore it every time. I have spoken to them every year, for the last 3 years and still they don’t do anything about it.

Ben Jones

077917 17749

Here's some stuff I've been up to.

https://vimeo.com/benjonesshowreel
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

TIME CHANGE IN THE UK

eBay aren't going to change this, so I'd just factor this in when setting up listings that are going to run through a clock change.

I would advise against putting your phone number in a public forum, you may want to edit it out.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent