Still out of pocket

I have sold 2 items and on both occasions I ended up out of pocket a £5 sell plus £2.94 p&p I had £5.

The other sold £8.50 plus £2.94p&p I ended up with £6.69 total. 🤷‍♀️

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Still out of pocket

When you sell,  eBay take a seller fee of around 13% plus 30 p per transaction,  this is on all the money you receive from the sale.

You're selling some nice quality items maybe start your auction slightly higher?  I'm sure they'll still sell.

Did you have 2 of those  identical Joules jackets to sell?  If you didn't receive payment for either,  you need to open a case for non payment,  then those seller fees will be refunded back to you.

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent