Returned item not delivered

What happens if an item that I have returned using the eBay returns process is not delivered by Royal Mail? Does eBay automatically follow it up or do I need to do something?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

This is exactly the question I asked today for the eBay Community Managers,  marco@ebay   gave this reply

As advised before, if the item is in transit, but it never reaches its destination, it'd be considered as lost. It is completely up to the seller whether they want to issue a refund or not, they can ask the buyer to wait a bit longer if they wish as well, but as we know, buyers are entitled to escalate the case for a refund under these circumstances. Unfortunately, we only have the tracking information to follow this up, and if we have to step in to issue a refund, a defect might be dropped on the account and fees will not be credited back as per our policies.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

What does the tracking details show?

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

The tracking shows that it is sitting in Morley DO.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

As it was the buyer who posted, can he not make a claim on Royal Mail as lost.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Many Thanks for your reply but what does " a defect might be dropped on the account and fees will not be credited back as per our policies." mean exactly?. Whose account - the buyers or the sellers?

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I asked this too,   but didn't I'm afraid,  receive a clear answer, I'm as much in the dark still as you are.

@stoker580 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent