Potential scam seller ? Need advice

Hello, 

Has anyone had a similar situation to the following, and if so, how did it end ?....

I purchased an item, and the seller uploaded the tracking number virtually within 30 minutes of purchase.

However, almost 1 week later, the item hadn't arrived, and the evri tracking stated that they are still awaiting for the sender to drop it off at the parcel shop.

I contacted the seller who after 2 days said they would look into it.  

Another few days pass and the tracking still showed no item had been posted yet.

I open a case and on day 3 of the case being opened the seller posts the item and it arrived next day..

However it is not the correct item. In fact it is a cheap nasty version and not the premium quality version as advertised...

I can't open a 2nd case to return the item as it states a case is currently open (I close the non arrived case but still unable to open a 2nd case for a return due to closing the previous case).

I check the sellers feedback and it is now full of negative remarks stating the same thing all accusing the seller of scamming them as they are unable to open a return case because they previously opened a not arrived case.

I decide to phone ebay and explain and they look into it and agree something doesn't seem right and force open a return case on their end and even supply me with a prepaid royal mail postage label as at first they told me I needed to pay for thr return and I argued I shouldn't have to as they sent me the wrong item and looks to be on purpose as their recent negative feedbacks all show the exact same occurance.

However the return address is a completly random self storage unit in Central London which seems a little suspect.

Not sure if it will be delivered successfully (posted today April 12th) but I've done everything in my power to return this item.

I did tell the ebay operative on the phone that I used ebay due to their money back guarantee and now don't know what will happen if it doesn't get sent back to the company even though this is the address label ebay themselves provided me with.

Seller had become unresponsive since the 1st case was opened.

Anyone else had a similar issue like this ??

End of the day it was less than £20 but its principal.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Anyone else had a similar issue like this ??

Issues like this are common which is why eBay has a money back guarantee to protect buyers when they don't receive an item, or it isn't as described.

There is a link to it at the top of every listing, perhaps you've never noticed it? For full information see:

Getting help when an item hasn't arrived: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/reporting-item-didnt-receive?id=4042

Returning an item for a refund: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

eBay's money back guarantee: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

You could have opened a not as described case yourself after closing the not received case. Your item arrived, although it wasn't the correct one, so you would have been fine to close it.

You would then have opened a Not as Described case using reason: Item doesn't match description and the seller would have supplied a return label.

None of this matters now as you have successfuly returned the item. As long as the tracking shows delivered or attempted delivery to the address ebay have given you, you should be refunded.

Keep your eye on the tracking and make sure the number is uploaded to the case.

If seller has not refunded after 48 hours following delivery escalate your case.

******************************************************************************************