Phone return

Recently sold a phone but had to refund the buyer as he wasn't happy, no problem with that. Seller has been refunded. How do I get the buyer to send the phone back to me.  He now has a refund and my phone

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Phone return

You should never refund, without getting the phone back first.

Why wasn't buyer happy, at that point you should have provided a return label, and only refunded after receiving phone back.

Now buyer has no incentive to return, and in any case you will  have to pay for return postage but that will still not get phone back if buyer does nothing.

No point in raising with ebay, they assume when seller refunds like this that they do not want item returned, and in any case they can do nothing, as any case opened would have closed once refund made.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Phone return

Unfortunately I advertised the wrong phone....long story! As soon as it arrived to him he opened up a refund request and Ebay refunded all the money. I'm now left with no phone and the buyer has been refunded. Trying to sort out a return label is causing me problems because it says to send back item to buyers address but I want it back to mine. Does that make sense?

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Phone return

You can't do this through ebay now case is closed.

I believe you can go to www.royalmail.com & arrange label there, which you can send to buyer.

But not tried it myself.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent