I won an auction, paid immediately and now I find "Your order was cancelled"! How can this be?

I am truly gutted this evening! I won an item fairly, paid for it and after a few hours have found an email telling me that Your order was cancelled!

How can this happen? I tried contacting the seller for any answers and the send button is greyed out, therefore I cannot ask for any reasons as to why this has happened?

Any help or advice is much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I won an auction, paid immediately and now I find "Your order was cancelled"! How can this be?

At a guess , the seller did not receive the price they wanted for the auction ?  This is very bad selling.

What reason did they give for the cancellation ?  If it was ... ' Buyer requests to Cancel',  you can contact eBay Customer Services if you like,  explain this is not the case, and you were disappointd to receive the item you won and paid for.

They will charge the seller a seller fee and place a damaging defect on their account,  eBay do not like unhappy buyers.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi and thanks for your help .

I eventually found a way to contact the seller. He/ she says that the box got stood on and they couldn't send it out like that.

I think that you're correct about them not achieving the amount that they wanted! Basically it is a £60-£100 item elsewhere and I bought it fairly, at auction, for less than £30! The seller has 100% feedback and I am unable to give a review, as the sale was cancelled.

It's disgusting that sellers can do this, if they don't like the price at auction! I will attempt to contact eBay.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Never understand why sellers just do not list auction items,  starting at the lowest amount they are happy to receive it cannot then sell for less, and if they receive one bid they would have achieved the price they wanted,  so no disappointment.

Simples, but obviously not for all !

@mad-tap-dancer 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent