I paid to list my car, a buyer ordered but didn't pay after 5 days. I am now being asked to pay agai

I listed my car, paid the fee. A buyer ordered but didn't pay so I cancelled the order. I was then asked to pay again to relist. Surely this isn't right?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I paid to list my car, a buyer ordered but didn't pay after 5 days. I am now being asked to pay agai

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You can cancel using the buyer didn't pay option after 4 days to get a final value fee refund buyer then gets a strike from ebay.

If you relist you will have to pay again as the cost is non refundable even if buyer doesn't pay.

Your best using a classified add for the car,so you choose your buyer,payment method,and no feedback or disputes can be raised etc.

See here using the advanced sell form Selling with Classified Ads | eBay

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

It's unfortunate,  annoying,  I fully agree,  but listing fees for items/ vehicles are not refundable,  payable sale or no sale and charged the second the item goes live.

You can compare it to listing your car in your local paper,  if it didn't sell, the paper would not refund you , your advertising fees.

You can,  if you like when relisting the car,  add those listing fees,  to your starting price.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent