How to remove a listing from awaiting payment

Hi all,

Please tell me how I can cancel an order that is showing as awaiting payment? Basically the potential buyer's account was hacked so it was not a legitimate purchase. I received an email from eBay informing me so and to not contact the alleged buyer. The problem is that the item is now locked as a pending purchase and the app is not allowing me to cancel / delete the order. Frustratingly it keeps saying it is too late to cancel and that I should contact the buyer to sort out payment. So I would really appreciate it if anyone else has had this same issue and how to resolve it (as I am new to eBay and keep getting directed to FAQs that do not answer my question 😭). Thanks vm in advance!

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

As buyer is unlikely to pay, I would  assume after 4 days the option to cancel the sale for non payment will be available,if so use it. That will ensure you don't get charged a selling fee. 

Cancelling for any reason other than non payment would be expensive for you which is why you can't cancel yet.

Eventually you will be able to relist, but if this is not available, use list similar, which achieves the same thing.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thank you, for your quick and helpful advice.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent