Global Shipping

I am getting bids from Sweden and the US for an item I posted for auction on Tuesday.   Having sold abroad via GSP I assumed that the listing would make clear to bidders that the item can be shipped abroad from the UK.  However I have noted in the listing that I didn't switch the GSP on.  As bids have been placed, I can't change the listing and switch it on.  Does this mean I have to arrange postage/customs etc. myself, or will eBay turn it on for me so I can send it to their GSP centre in the UK?   

All this assumes a UK bidder doesn't win the auction, or is it better to withdraw the item from sale?

Apologies if this situation has been covered before in the threads.

Thanks for any advice

eBay item number:186487328471

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Global Shipping

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

if it's   Fujifilm X100s Digital Camera Looking at the listing from Eire its in Global.   

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Global Shipping

Thanks for your response - yes it's a Fuji X100s but not from Eire!  From Sheffield UK so n ot within the EU.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Global Shipping

Your camera is listed with Global Shipping which will be used if buyer is outside UK.

plpmr is stating the same,they are in Ireland and can see Global has been applied

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Global Shipping

Good morning and thanks for getting back to me.  

One other thing that seems strange is that all bids are from international bidders.  It may be coincidental but the item is a popular camera in the UK at a reasonable price so I would have expected at least one UK bidder.

It doesn't matter to me where the winner is based as long as the trade succeeds but I've had several auctions ruined by fake bidders (especially new accounts ending '-0')

Rgds.... 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Global Shipping

Yes it does seem unusual not to have a UK bidder with over 2 days remaining but most bids will come towards the end of auction and may well be a few UK bidders then

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Global Shipping

Fair point - thanks again for your info!

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent