Cancellation refund

I cancelled an order which was being sent to the wrong address and the cancellation was declined. I've since been trying to get a refund and have been told lots of stories but the latest one is that it cannot be done until I close the case but I don't know how to close it. Can you help please as the seller is ignoring my requests

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Cancellation refund

Buyers cannot cancel, so what exactly have you done?

DO NOT cancel any case you have opened as it cannot be reopened.

If you have opened a not feceived casecand seller bas not refunded, after 3 days, on day 4 escalate to ebay to get a refund.

If ebay get involved, the seller gets a defect and no refund of the selling fee, which is fully deserved, as he could so easily have sorted out himself.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancellation refund

One day after the latest estimated delivery date, you were able to open an 'item not received' case.  Hopefully, you have opened that sort of case and not a return.

However, if the seller has tracking that shows the item was delivered to the address you used at checkout, and provided to the seller by Ebay, they would win the case and it would close in favour of the seller.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancellation refund

Thanks John. How do I escalate to eBay? I don't know how to communicate with them directly. My item was not delivered to me because I refused delivery

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Cancellation refund

I am not sure how you refused delivery if it was sent to the wrong address?

But, anyway, by refusing delivery, you have invalidated the Ebay Money Back Guarantee.

The seller only has to prove 'attempted delivery' to win an item not received case.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent