Buyer should have collected but then wanted item posting

Hi All

Was selling an Epson projector on collection only, however a buyer stated they will arrange postage if I was willing to post.  

I took photographs of the projector fully working with NO issues at all and it was packaged extremely well.

He sent me the postage label and off it went on 48hr delivery.  Upon arrival he sent me a message about his disappointment at it not coming with a power lead (std Kettle) and it displays a red strip down one side when on.

Now I have been a Microsoft certified system engineer for over 28 years and instal and maintain this sort of kit every day and know this issue is almost certainly down to what is being connected to the projector and or the cable but is not something related to a faulty projector.

I get the impression the buyer is not very savvy with IT.

If I advertised as collection only and the buyer, then sorts out his own parcel collection for posting where do I stand if he claims it is now faulty?  If he had Collected as the advertised item was stating he would have seen it working and advice could have been given and questions asked if needed.

Thanks  

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Presumably this would go along with the usual "buyer arranged own courier" and - theoretically at least - under eBay's rules they lose protection.

However this - to my mind - opens up a loophole in that if you had added postage eBay would have got higher fees on the included postage.  

You have the option to accept a not as described case, issue the label and refund.  Or not "and see what happens".  

I think the learning point is that if "you" select collection [for instance with a fragile item] it is best to stick with it.  @softcop0 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@softcop0 wrote:

then sorts out his own parcel collection for posting

Can you explain how he did this?

Did he send a courier to collect?

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi

He sent me a royal mail parcel lable with 48hr service, he sent it via email.

I'd like to point out he has not yet opend a case and may not he advises he needs to get better cables to connect.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent