Buyer claiming item is damaged

Is there much you can do if a buyer claims an item is damaged on arrival ? I genuinely feel the item was not damaged on packing. The lady is claiming that the item has paint on it. Packaging was not damaged either. I don't want negative feedback and genuinely sold the item (a coat) in good faith. Do I just refund ? 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it is the black coat you sold for £3, I would take the buyer's word for it and refund without getting the coat back - the Ebay tracked label would cost over £3.

Make sure the buyer opens a return case through Ebay.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Have you asked for photo's of the damage?

If the buyer opens a return request for item not as described in the listing you will have to refund in full.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Yes and there are marks on it ! Also sent photos of the packaging. I just can’t understand it, the item was laundered before posting and hung on the line. I also packed it and noticed nothing.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

If it is the black coat you sold for £3, I would take the buyer's word for it and refund without getting the coat back - the Ebay tracked label would cost over £3.

Make sure the buyer opens a return case through Ebay.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Yeah I’ve just refunded. Thanks for the reply. Not worth the hassle. Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent