Buyer Harrassment

I have rejected a refund request and the buyer has then used my contact details to sign me up for multiple online services. I know without a doubt who it was, I have their address and contact number too from the sale.

Should I report them to the police? 

Also how do I get this buyer banned!?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer Harrassment

It may go against the grain, but it is always best to accept return requests.  It looks as if you had to refund the buyer anyway and you will have lost your selling fees and got a defect on your account.  If a request is opened and you are not prepared to pay for return postage, you can refund and politely tell the buyer to dispose of the item.

The police are unlikely to be interested in your complaint and you won't be able to get the buyer banned.  Obviously, on a personal level, you should add them to your blocked bidders list.

What you can do, is contact The National Bullying Helpline.  Cyber bullying is part of their remit and they may be able to offer some useful advice.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Buyer Harrassment

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Look to initially change your ebay pasword and keep an eye on your emails for potential fraud.

You can contact action fraud online and aslo contact ebay,and see if there is anything they can do about this member.https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Weekdays: 8 am-10pm
Weekends: 9 am-6pm.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Buyer Harrassment

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@anththemackem wrote:

the buyer has then used my contact details to sign me up for multiple online services. I know without a doubt who it was, I have their address and contact number too from the sale.

Should I report them to the police? 

Also how do I get this buyer banned!?

Unless you have concrete proof that it was your buyer who did this, there isn't a way that you can pursue it, and certainly you can't get them banned from eBay.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Buyer Harrassment

papso22
Experienced Mentor

How did the buyer get your contact details?  

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent