Shall I return item? and question on tracking...

Hi,

I bought an item, and quietly waited. Seller messaged 2wks later as she'd been hospitalised, would send that day, but sent them 4days later, then I rec'd them not as described (odd sized shoes) which I messaged the seller just to inform of really, as I wasn't even going to bother with trying for a refund, and haven't asked, as the total inc p&p is just £4.09!.  I intended taking them to the charity shop thinking someone may buy odd sized kids shoes!  Anyway, after disbelieving me, so a photo exchange, baffled as her daughter wore them, she requests them back stating she'll cover return postage of £2.80 and the money I paid. I wonder when you comment here on tracking, do you mean sending recorded delivery? Which perhaps would be more than that £ but at least I'll know she's received them. Also, I've not yet asked for her return address but notice that the address on her conf' email when I purchased is different to that on the envelope.

So what I'm asking really is for opinions on whether you'd waste any more time on this or just go to the charity shop and leave feedback? But then of course she can leave a negative comment on mine! What feedback would you leave? I don't want to trash someones feedback if they made a mistake while dealing with more pressing health issues, but I also wouldn't like to be fooled and her resell and mess someone else around.

I wish I could just 'comment' back to you m2jet rather than edit..

Thankyou .. Words of wisdom. Smiley Wink

I'm not sure I really believe her, but the benefit of the doubt and all that..

I think I'll just go to the charity shop, because at least then she can't re-sell!. and £4 isn't worth more contact, post office visit, checking delivery, mails etc.

Re; her leaving me a neg' comment, I didn't explain prop' sorry, but I meant under the guise of a pos' comment, which I have still seen sometimes. 

I do feel somewhat let down and messed about, and in 8yrs here have never left a neg', and only 1 neut'. Guess I've been lucky, with mostly kind and genuine sellers. I think I've already spent enough time on this one, so will let it go.. Thanks again.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I suppose it all depends on whether you believe the seller or not, and whether or not you want your money back or are just prepared to let it go.  If you feel that the seller is telling the truth and made an honest mistake then the charity option may be an acceptable option, as somebody else may benefit from the shoes and the seller won't take a hit on her account, but if you feel that the "health scare" reason she gave you is a load of old bull and you want to return the shoes then the best way to return them would be via a fully tracked and signed for service so that you can trace the item every step of the way and prove delivery once it reaches the seller.

With regard to the seller leaving a negative comment for you sellers haven't been allowed to do that for seven to eight years now - eBay pulled the plug on that as a result of sellers using negative feedback to bully and threaten buyers, so if she does leave you negative feedback you could report it to eBay and get it removed, in which case she'd get a black mark on her account due to the fact that leaving a negative comment for a buyer is a policy violation.  If it was me and I believed the seller I just wouldn't leave any feedback as I'd probably be feeling a bit let down, but if I felt it was an excuse and that I was being conned I'd leave the appropriate neutral or negative feedback, although it's not something I make a habit of doing as I know that it can have a damaging effect on a seller's account, so they'd have to have messed me about really badly for me to leave neutral or negative feedback.

Answers (0)