New restrictions on UK imports to EU

I have been purchasing an item on Ebay for several years but recently (last month), due to Brexit, I can no longer get this imported to Spain. There seems to be little or no information, especially for sellers, about what can or cannot be imported now and there is, as usual, no way to contact Ebay for specific information other than a useless bot. Is anyone else having this problem? It normally ends up with my money nestling in PayPal for at least a month and it is starting to get annoying.

Sellers must be made aware of what they can legally ship to Europe since Brexit. If it does make it across the channel it is even worse as Spanish customs treat everyone like a corporation. The forms are not designed for average peoplejust trying to get their goods. It's a parlance only understandable by trained experts.

I may be cynical, but while my money is sitting in PayPal's account and not mine it is working for them. So, happy days for PayPal and screw the rest of us.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

There are still problems with trade in both directions since Brexit.

Why would you think it's up to eBay to explain what you can legally export to EU countries - or any countries? Have you thought what a massive job it would be to advise buyers of import/expert regulations to any country?

EBay is just an auction site. It's up to sellers check what's allowed. Have you tried looking on the government web sites giving advice about this?

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

as you are in Spain it would be best to ask your own authorities.