Might this have been shill bid? And should I avoid?

Hi,

I am interested in bidding on an item, but have just stumbled upon  an identical item sold by the owner almost exactly one month ago.

I noticed the buyer left positive feedack, & as the photos & blemishes are identical in both listings, I messaged the seller to ask if it the same item, and if there some issue for it to be returned?

The seller has said it is a seperate item, & that they had 2, so my question is, is this perhaps been shill bid & backfired, or could there be some other reason that any of you can think of, that means best avoided?

Thanks in advance! 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Almost everything you buy on eBay "could be" all sorts of things. EBay is an unregulated market place, and you accepted when you joined that eBay "doesn't guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of, items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content, listings or feedback".

You need to make your own judgements when buying here. The most importanrt thing is to understand what is and isn't cocered by eBay's money back guarantee, see: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

The seller has told you they had two.  Seller prob also used sell similar option ......using the same photos etc 

Another reason for a relist may well be a non payer.