IE: Managed payments and an eBay Money Back Guarantee

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Dear Irish Business Sellers,

This spring, we’re introducing a range of updates,enhanced ways to help you list eBay to manage payments in Ireland as well as a better post-sales experience for sellers and buyers in 2021.

Managed payments and an eBay Money Back Guarantee:

eBay will require all sellers to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021. Please make sure you have signed up for emails from eBay.

When you receive a notification, we advise you to register before the deadline to avoid any interruption to your business.

Find out more

Please refer to the link above to view further information on this topic. By doing this, many questions can often be clarified in advance.

We would also like to ask you to stay on the topic with the discussion, as we will remove deviating contributions - according to our community guidelines.

Kind Regards,

Katie

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

IE: Managed payments and an eBay Money Back Guarantee

I have a query relating to the update on managed payemens below: -

"eBay has created a simpler and more modern format to pay your eBay fees and expenses. Beginning in early April all of your eBay selling fees and expenses, including those that are currently charged to your payment instrument on file, will be collected from your earnings. If your earnings are not sufficient to cover these amounts, we will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card, and/or linked bank account).

• Examples of eBay selling fees include but are not limited to: insertion fees, promoted listings, listing upgrades, and shop subscription fees.

At the moment I pay these fees through paypal which isn't mentioned.  ebay are going to take the fees from my unpaid earnings if there's enough to cover it otherwise they are going to go my linked card/bank account. Is ebay still going to allow me to use paypal? Happy for the paying into my bank account - the taking out I'm not keen on. 

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent