Keep your listings compliant with EU and UK regulations

Dear Sellers,

This summer, we’re focusing on providing you with tools and features that’ll make selling on eBay easier and more secure.

Staying up to date with local, regional and international regulations can be a challenge but we’re here to help you navigate the changes that impact your business, and to provide easier ways for you to get, and stay, compliant.

If you sell to buyers in France or Germany take a look through this article to find out how to stay on top of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) regulations. These apply to all sellers and are part of a Europe-wide initiative to protect the environment by improving waste management and stimulating innovation in recycling.

Find out more

Please refer to the link above to view further information on this topic. By doing this, many questions can often be clarified in advance.

We would also like to ask you to stay on the topic with the discussion, as we will remove off-topic contributions—according to our community guidelines.

Kind Regards,

eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

I think it be worth adding that the packaging registration does not apply if you are sending items to France or Germany through Ebay's Global Shipping Program, since your partners (Pitney Bowes) take care of this on behalf of the seller.  

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

@litp*records wrote:

I think it be worth adding that the packaging registration does not apply if you are sending items to France or Germany through Ebay's Global Shipping Program, since your partners (Pitney Bowes) take care of this on behalf of the seller.  

Hi @litp*records,

Thank you for your comment here.

In the FAQ's it does address this. If you are using the Global Shipping Programme to sell to France or Germany, you’ll still need to make your listings compliant with local regulations.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Oh, I did not know that, I stand corrected!  I had posted several items to Germany recently with GSP without this being an issue.  I assume that mine must have slipped through the net

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

(Just to be clear, I am referring to compliance of packaging materials not hazardous materials.)

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

One more thing, on the link you sent the help page to the German packaging regulations is in German (French one is in English however)

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

The link states that this rule applies if you sell on ebay.fr or ebay.de. I don't list on these sites, I only list on ebay.co.uk, so if someone buys via that site and I send via GSP, does this still apply?

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

@litp*records wrote:

One more thing, on the link you sent the help page to the German packaging regulations is in German (French one is in English however)

Thank you for this feedback. I know translation is available in most browsers but we do want information to be as easy to reach as possible. I'll send this note over to the team.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

@goodfella66 wrote:

The link states that this rule applies if you sell on ebay.fr or ebay.de. I don't list on these sites, I only list on ebay.co.uk, so if someone buys via that site and I send via GSP, does this still apply?

Hi @goodfella66,

In these situations once the item can be purchased by a user with a location in Germany or France the rule must be followed. This is with shipping organised by the seller or with the global shipping programme.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent