One Word In Common

I just thought I'd try out a new game and see whether it catches on or not.  The object of the game is to post up three words which can be turned into three new words when you write one word before or after all three words without using the space bar when you add the missing word.  So, for example, we could have Bullet...., Shock...., and Water.... - in this example the missing word that all three have in common in order to make three new words is "proof" - ie:  Bulletproof, Shockproof, and Waterproof.  Once you've sussed what the missing word is post up the answer and then submit three new words of your own, stating whether the common word for all three comes before or after all three words.  The game can be as easy or as difficult as you decide to make it, depending on which three words you choose and what the missing common word is.  Just make sure you can remember the answer - if nobody can figure it out and you get asked to reveal the answer you'll have to be prepared to explain what the missing word was!

Seeing as I started the game I'll post up the first three words to start you off.  Have a look and see if you can figure it out...

The missing common word comes before these three words:  ........fire, .........powder, and ........shot.

Message 1 of 83
See Most Recent
82 REPLIES 82

One Word In Common

Car

Missing word comes before:

***bar,  ***sing,  ***loads

Message 81 of 83
See Most Recent

One Word In Common

Is it Car - ie: Carrot, Carpool and Carcase (Carcase is often spelled as Carcass)?

The missing word comes after the following three words:

Cult****, Tit**** and Under****

Message 82 of 83
See Most Recent

One Word In Common

Oops, sorry Malacandran - I didn't see your post as it was over the page, making Bjenkinsbuildersmerchant's post look like the last one!  Smiley Embarassed  Was the missing word "Cross?"

Anyway, I've re-posted my latest three words where they should have been in the first place - ie:  after the most recent post:

The missing word comes after the following three words:

Cult****, Tit**** and Under****

Message 83 of 83
See Most Recent