New regulatory operating fee

Dear Sellers,

This February, we’re focusing on providing you with new features and updates to help you reach more buyers, elevate your listings, and protect your business.

Learn about the new regulatory operating fee

To address the rising costs associated with the increasing number and complexity of regulations, including consumer and environmental protection, as well as new taxation and customs measures, we're introducing a new regulatory operating fee.

Find out more

Please refer to the link above to view further information on this topic. By doing this, many questions can often be clarified in advance.

We would also like to ask you to stay on the topic with the discussion, as we will remove off-topic contributions—according to our community guidelines.

Kind Regards,

eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 63
See Most Recent
62 REPLIES 62

Re: New regulatory operating fee

@tommystrezures wrote:

I don't understand why if it's a regulatory operating fee why it doesn't affect both sellers and buyers? After all as a seller we take time to list, picture, pack, drive to post office etc. yet for the buyers it's free, nada, gratis to use the site. As a buyer you have the expense if shopping in a high street of the cost of driving there your parking any bags you may need to purchase etc. so passing a few pence cost to buyers instead of fully loading it on to the seller would seem a much fairer approach.

Sellers need to pass it on to buyers.

Message 61 of 63
See Most Recent

So you take 10% of the sale - then you decied to take 10% of the postage cost that we pay plus you have a cut of the postage as well now with the postage suppliers and now you add on more charge for us to pay to operate your business.

Alongside the ridicolous amount of boxes you like filled in to list now (used to be category / description / price / list) I think its time for me to see what alternate platforms are charging and start making the change or just taking it all to the car boot sale in the summer!

Message 62 of 63
See Most Recent

I agree up to a point. But if you post when there is a 70% deduction in FVF, you only pay 3% including postage. But yes all this promote item, add specifics stuff is a nuisance and unnecessary. Postage charges on eBay are the same as if you go to the suppliers own site.
Doug
Message 63 of 63
See Most Recent