what an afternoon !

What a wonderful afternoon I have had, I have sat at the computer and been on U tube and listened to all my old favourites from the 80's, took me right back. brilliant. 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

what an afternoon !

Housework and ironing for me today ......relaxing now...
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

what an afternoon !

U2, Phil Collins, Tears for Fears, Chris Cross, George Michael, Genesis, Wow,

Not totaly mispent the time, I have been mending yes mending, missing buttons, split seams etc. so was still busy never can quite relax.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

what an afternoon !

i was in there for The Clash and johnny cash yesterday

i like to listen to cover versions by others that may be a bit weirder than you expect

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

what an afternoon !

Yes I listened to Kate Bush -Running up that Hill and somebody recommeded the Placebo version, wicked not quite as good but close,

Also Phil Collins version of Leo Sayers Can't stop loving you.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

what an afternoon !

I love there for the animal videos. Love it, I can waste so much time on there laughing my head off!!!

Photobucket

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

what an afternoon !

Oooooh great topic!! 

Did you know that as well as listening to single tracks on you tube you can also listen to whole albums if people have put them online.  For example just type in Enya album, John Mayer album etc etc and you should get a wide choice of options of various albums from your fave artists.  I just discovered John Mayer the other day so he is on all the time!!  

Also if you love 80's music try typing in '1980s mix'.  You will get oodles of 1980's tracks that people have put on there that play one after another as a mix.  I was at a party the other day and the laptop was on in the corner with the music going through speakers it was great and was one of these 80's mixes on you tube lasted a couple of hours!!! 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

what an afternoon !

Blimey eighties yes that takes me back. my favourites were Bananarama, Wham, Duran Duran, Culture Club, Nick heywood. Kate Bush is Brilliant. All the Frankie says T.shirts. I had a Bubble perm at one point. Half mast jeans and pointed cout shoes. Ha ha ha ha oohhh bring back the old days. LOL.Woman LOL

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

what an afternoon !

I found that out eventually after putting in each track I wanted to listen to, I just put 80s music albums and away I went. They were great times, I went abroad for the first time, got a new job, bought my own house, got married.  How things have changed now, I remember the night Live Aid was on and exactly what I was doing,  A lot of records I hear now from then I can remember what I was doing when I first heard it, where I was and who I was with.  We had bbq's on the beach that lasted all night, I wore leggings and long baggy jumpers in bright colours, I had a super speedy little car (or I thought it was) that I had resprayed in two tone colour,

Aaaahhh those were the days.

Sorry about the bold type can't get it off.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent