"Lucky," the sheep rescued from Flamborough cliffs

Anyone else think it would be great if the sheep that was stuck on a ledge after falling over the cliffs at Flamborough, then running into the icy cold sea and catching pneumonia, could live the rest of her life as a pet? Two other sheep died in the incident, so "Lucky" obviously wants to be here, bless her. Maybe she could be a celebrity now? (Remember the "Tamworth Two?") 🙂

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

I haven't seen that story...

but sheep like to be in a group don't they?

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Sorry to sound harsh but it's a sheep! Why would it want to be a pet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Well it wouldn't be the first pet sheep, but I guess if it's used to being a sheep out on

the hills etc, then maybe it would be happier going back there.  Perhaps after all that

it won't have a lot of choice, it may not recover enough to go out there with the other

sheeps again.

It's amazing it survived such a fall, the cliffs at Flamborough are very high.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

What I meant was, it could go back with the others if it was well enough, but live in the field for the rest of its natural days.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

What as opposed to being eaten or something you mean Carol?  Oh yes, I would

definately hope it won't be killed.

Hopefully not live in that field, right next to the cliffs!

I know somebody who had a pet sheep, it was a little hand-reared one that wasn't expected to survive, but it lived for years and they couldn't part with it, so it was a kind of pet.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

That is exactly what I meant, yes 🙂 Hope there will be an update on how she gets on.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Pleased to say the Sheep is making a good recovery according to our local paper.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent