problems at work

i have a big problem at work.at the moment i work 7 hours a day for only 2 days a week. as i have ME amongst other health problems but i can just about cope with my very busy day as it is very hard work but while i am working i feel that i am working i feel i am controlling the ME not the ME controlling me .

BUT this is the problem my boss and the kitchen manager who does the other 5 days a week(and a wa~ker )sorry but he is have decided between them to change the way we deliver breakfasts to all our residents and this means over another hours work fitted into my normal 7 hours i have tried this for the last two days and having to slog my guts out trying to catch up some time has absolutely killed me and i am in so much pain.

i am going into work tomorrow to speak to my manager (not kitchen manager) and tell him that i have tried his system but it is very detrimental to my health and i am going to refuse to do the extra.

question and opinion please can he sack me for refusing to do this on health grounds

i feel slightly better having got that of my chest

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 63
See Most Recent
62 REPLIES 62

problems at work

Hi Cookie, I have followed your saga with interest . Has anyone actually agreed to stand and watch how you actually do your work ?

It could be a big eye opener for them . No-one knows what another person does unless they do the job themselves or watch you. 

My friend was once treating a Bank Manager off work with stress.........it took 2 men and a full time secretary to cover what she had been doing single handed .

I hope they see sense... I had ME for several years and had to pace myself for years afterwards. Now its old age !! LOL

Good luck.

Message 61 of 63
See Most Recent

problems at work

10ph:

Hi Cookie, I have followed your saga with interest . Has anyone actually agreed to stand and watch how you actually do your work ?

It could be a big eye opener for them . No-one knows what another person does unless they do the job themselves or watch you. 

My friend was once treating a Bank Manager off work with stress.........it took 2 men and a full time secretary to cover what she had been doing single handed .

I hope they see sense... I had ME for several years and had to pace myself for years afterwards. Now its old age !! LOL

Good luck.

The trouble IS with Management is they always want more work in less time and they DO NOT CARE how they get it.occ health lady was shocked at how much work i do and when she asked who helped me and i replied no one she was even more shocked.i now hope that this is the end of it.and management stay in thier office out of my way.:)
.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 62 of 63
See Most Recent

problems at work

I'm afraid your just another statistic on the books to them! & they wonder why people aren't loyal anymore.

**********Sam**********
Message 63 of 63
See Most Recent