Wednesdays, wacky, wonderful repast.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Poppty ping probably, have been a bit busy today.

Message 1 of 33
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

My son sent me an exotic meat pack one year for my birthday, the wild boar, zebra sausages and ostrich were ok, the squirrel turned my stomach but I managed to at least taste it, but the camel mince was just one step too far and having had a nasty and smelly run-in with a camel on holiday one year there was no way I could face eating it. It cost my poor Son a small fortune for the pack and I felt awful not appreciating it, but must say it wasn't the best pressie I have ever received. The following year he bought me 5 laying hens - much better.

Message 21 of 33
See Most Recent

Oooo double yuck! Still I suppose if you need the calcium, myself I'd rather have a glass of milk! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 22 of 33
See Most Recent

I suppose if you're brought up in a country where they eat zebras and dogs and hedgehogs then they are 'meat'.  You might then find it strange to visit a country that eats little lambs and bunny rabbits, and then another where they eat penguins and whale meat!  Woman LOL

Message 23 of 33
See Most Recent

Very true,! But I draw the line at those big grubs the Aboriginal people eat, Barf!!

**********Sam**********
Message 24 of 33
See Most Recent

Eugh. Not in a month of sundaysbi would rather eat my shoes.
Message 25 of 33
See Most Recent

What no one fancy a witchetty grub ..................................yummmmmm

grub.jpg

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 26 of 33
See Most Recent

Oh! Yuck , cringe, barf, toe curling nasty,& they have the nerve to say about this wriggling nauseating thingy ,don't eat the head!!

**********Sam**********
Message 27 of 33
See Most Recent

I had the other half of the "stromboli" loaf and 3 skinless pork sausages. However they stuck to the foil on which I baked them, and when i scraped them off, being skinless they fell to bits. So I had three tiny mounds of sausagemeat. Have eaten boar, and have kangaroo and moose steaks in the freezer courtesy of L*dl, who occasionally do exotic meats.
Message 28 of 33
See Most Recent

I've eaten buffalo and to be honest it was sour to taste. Not for me.

I don't think I could eat moose, kangaroo etc as I see the poor thing in my mind and that's it....I couldn't eat bunny either, I'm a big softie.

I'm a hypocryte too as I love pork and lamb!!!!

today we had home made breaded cod, with mash and peas. Custards for afters.

Photobucket

Message 29 of 33
See Most Recent

What do you think of when you sink your teeth into a bit of beef C B, are you glad I kept you hidden? lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 30 of 33
See Most Recent

Oh yukk i couldnt eat that grub thing right gives me the shudders !    I have eaten some crocodile meat when in Florida many years ago & it really does taste like chicken 😄

Tonight we kept it simple ...fish pie , new potatoes& peas grown in our garden Cat Tongue

Been busy today so I had a mega salad tonight. Hard boiled eggs, cheese & ham with chopped in new potatoes & loads of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, gherkins & jalapenos. Followed by fresh figs from next doors tree, kiwi fruit' satsuma, blackberries & strawberries with sweetened greek yoghurt
Photobucket
Message 32 of 33
See Most Recent

Ohhhhhhhhhhh STAN.........yuk,,, i could not manage a Bushtucker Trial,,i take my hat off to them who do it.

Ive always wanted to try Shark Meat. Some say its nice!!!.Woman Happy

Message 33 of 33
See Most Recent