Valentines Day

As i have been looking in the shops it is so nice to see the Couples  buying cards and presents!!!.. Romance is obviously still alive and kicking and not all hope is lost!!!.

What do others think of Valentines Day. Are you a Romantic??.

valentines.gif

Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

Valentines Day

Bah Humbug! lol Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

I am actually a bit of " Bah Humbug or "get a room". Or "Ahhhhhh its lovely.

Im a bit of both!!!! LOL

Message 3 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Whilst not widly romantic, I have made a card and my work colleagues gave been helping me to shop for pressies.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 4 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Sorry Rose bit of a bah humbug here too,  last week 5 roses mixed with other flowers £3.00 this week one rose £3.00, all a bit of a ripoff I fear,  I would rather show I care throughout the year weither I do or not is another matter.  I have made a card however.

Message 5 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Nope...not much point celebrating it on yer ownsome...OH is %&(*"&* Woman Sad

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 6 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Aw mercs, 

Message 7 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

My hubby is romantic but thrifty so instead of going out for a meal on valentines day we will have Sunday lunch out 🙂

Valentines Day

I'd rather not comment! But in past years yes I was a romantic.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

I brought my otherhalf a card and some retro sweets in a heart shaped boxes... lets just say on of those things in still in unopened and mint condition Smiley Tongue  heart

Message 10 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Shall we sell our wedding rings for cash for gold & paint the town red?

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

I always think that Valentine's day is a money making racket for a lot of companies these days so a bit of bah humbug from me.

Message 12 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Thirty-six  years ago I chose with great care my Valentine cards for my wife, but unfortunately over the years things have changed - much for the worse.  I used to buy a Valentine card for my daughter so that she did'nt feel left out in her younger years, but that is not now possible.  Almost every card you pick up now is full of smutty homour and physical innuendoes.  Nowhere is the word love mentioned, and as for it coming from an unknown admirer, this is rubbish.  You don't have to set a special date aside to tell somebody you love them or buy flowers for that special occasion.  If I have a very small win on the lottery, I have three choices:  I can either put it in with the housekeeping money in which case it would go nowhere.  Or I could by myself a few beer which I would enjoy.  But I don't.  I buy a small bunch of flowers which will bring pleasure to ALL of us for at least a week.  You don't need cards.  All you need is your memories of those wonderful, golden days.

Message 13 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

ive always felt that valentines day is for people not in big relationships but those wanting to be more attached to a person they like

we do things for each other the year through and just having one  day seems a bit mean

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 14 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Over twenty years ago OH and I decided that the cards were a rip off and as we didn't have much money we would stop buying them, so we saved the last one we sent to each other and re-used them year after year....

Each year a new message was added and as the cards got tattier and tattier they became more loved....

Instead of a single message each card now has 21,some that make me smile amd some that make me cry...

I might not have my OH any more but he is still with me and the two shabby cards will take pride of place again this year.

heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 15 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Wow Twishy,  that has got me welling up.  What a lovely story.  

heart

Message 16 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

That's a lovely post!
"Better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all."

**********Sam**********
Message 17 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

I love that pretty picture in your opening post Rose!  I just spotted her tassels - ha ha.  Maybe I should get some of those!!

I'm very romantic - maybe too much!  I love romantic poetry and beautiful song lyrics.  Im single at the moment so tomorrow night will be a glass of wine and a chick flick I reckon.

Message 18 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

Aw mercs, 

Your not alone Merc,,,im on me owensome too!!!!!!!!!!!.. You can have my heart heartheart,,, have two... ((()))..

Message 19 of 30
See Most Recent

Valentines Day

Awwwww thank you,,i love that piccie too. Its quite tasteful with a bit of what may come!!!. Lol. I love the pin up pictures.

I do love Romantic songs but i do cry so when i listen to some that store memories for me. I will be thinking of a man,, very much like Cristian Grey in the books ( not the painful side). It can be impossible to have a relationship if someone will not tell you about something that is troubling them!!. I have tried to help but its like trying to get blood out of a stone. One minuite loving,,next minuite brooding and dark. I have told him i love him then i have let him go as he said he does not want any more than just fun!. THATS NOT RIGHT. I deserve more than that. heart

Message 20 of 30
See Most Recent