This is what you get when the chilminder is unavailable

An addled brain

Sometimes I wonder why I don't get a "proper" job.  Daughter is doing a course 2 half days at college and 3 days work experience.  Childminder is unavailable 2 days this week, so we are paying for Sproglet to go to pre-school one day(I am very much unavailable) and today she is camped out at mine.

First off one removes porridge from ones computer and table before even thinking about starting work - thanks, son, he decided that jumping up and down on the spot was a good ida until she copied him with loaded spoon and he copped it from me.

Then we have to wander off to the store in all the long grass and the pouring rain.  She used one item as an umbrella, fortunately plastic wrapped.  Then fell over and rolled around clutching the bubblwrp.. Was told to put bubblewrap on floor next to radiator to dry.  Found child cuddling radiator solemnly popping the wet bubbles to dry them!

Found the TV controller, 26 books and assorted toys where she "hid" them and stuck TV on ((((((TV)))))))))))

Sproglet has now decided TV is boring has taken the smallest parcel and has taken it to the PO.  I have only got a couple of hours to  find it and actually take it there - and it is still raining.

Off to find the pink wellies - hers, and go round PO, followed by shop to locate bread for lunch, then Docs with son and Sproglet, followed by University Library all by taxi because son doesn't do public transport and Sproglet was delivered without a coat on Friday - warm and sunny then it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now why did Nickolodeon change the PEPPA channel TODAY?

AAARRRGGGHHHH

I cannot remember childminders having a day off when mine were young.

PS tomorrow is going to be even better - taking little madam hom on the bus before banking and shopping!

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

so.......... you are taking it easy GP 

sorry but that seems to be the worst day ever
Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

How old is this child??Woman Surprised

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Sounds like you've had fun and plenty of GP.  Enjoy your trip into town tomorrow.  I'm sure that you will at least be at screaming point at some time.  

When Steph was young, we took her to Mor*isson's.  We vowed never again.  She did improve though thankfully.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

That sounds like when my husband is on holiday GP, kids husbands one and the same I think.

Seriously it sounds like you have your hands full.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

And breathe.....................

CG Sproglet is a delightful 3 year old  who just isn't used to work being the priority(because normally she goes to playschool or childminders).

Best bit of the day was when she tried to follow son into the University library only to be told she wasn't old enough yet - her plaintive reply was "but I like books", spotting the vending machine took her mind of the unfairness of life as a tot.

She spent an hour making cakes in a lego box - ingredients were lego, hair bungees(must find the box and move it even higher) and jigsaw pieces - lovely strawberry cakes.  She then moved to the dining room/kitchen access, tipped it out and tried to sell us all chocolate ice cream.

Little darling went off to bed at 7 but OH hogged the computer playing so I have just finished tomorrow's invoices.  Can't pack them because I can't find them in the dark!  So tomorrow I have to lug 13 kgs round the post office at 9 - no doubt ably assisted by little miss puddle jumper.  Then I have to take her home(about an hour on the bus) then stop off at bank and shops on way home.  Then pack and despatch the small items, catch up on anything new, get ahead of myself with the admin just in case,cook dinner and leg it up the hozzie.  At least i will get an early night tomorrow since I won't be able to see to do anything so may as well go to bed.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

At least she's helped you keep your mind off tomorrow night.  You'll be too exhausted to care about anything by tomorrow night, just laying down will be a treat!

I hope everything goes great with your op and we'll SEE you at the other side!! heart

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

I echo what CG has said Guardpig and wish you all the best for your op.

You sound like a smashing Granny (and Mum) and your wee sproglet will remember that (I do), let us know soon as you can how you got on, lots of luck, Rainy heart

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

I would like to agree with everything said above. Well done Guardpig and best wishes for the op.
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

youre fantastic!!

and also hope the op goes well guardpig

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

best wishes for the op GP  🙂

hope you find you way back here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Thank you all.

Certainly no time to worry round here.  Little miss "I'm not going home, I AM staying here" morphed into little miss "I'm going home to MUMMY" when she realised she really was on the bus that goes home.  Gratitude!.

Got to love the hospital, got a "welcome" pack in this morning's post, looking forward to welcoming me - hmm, I could get used to this, then a note that as I am a NHS patient all my medical xare is covered but please have debit or credit card handy for any charges I may incur(penny for the loo springs to mind LOL), oh and if I happen to have Ebola - go spread it elsewhere, there's no room at this inn.  Certainly beats the letters from the local nhs hozzie..  Would still like to know how they can count 6.30pm as a day case LOL.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Well I think it usually only takes half an hour all told.  Then you have a cup of tea and it's  goodbye and goodnight!  Woman LOL

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Drink tea - NOoooooooooooo!.

Yeuch!

LOL

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent