This is spooky.......

A few months ago, I read a book called "House Of Bones" which really scared me! Anyway, when I had finished it, I put it on top of a chest of drawers ready for the charity shop; for some unknown reason, it has fallen on the floor on 4 occasions, the last time being this morning and no-one was in the bedroom where the drawers are, so it wasn't knocked or anything. I think the sooner I get it to the charity shop the better...............

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

This is spooky.......

When I was growing up we had a Corgi and he would not go up into the attic. I could do anything with that dog, but he would only go up the first 2 steps, then his hackles would rise and he would start growling and not move. The house was haunted anyway, something used to sit on the bed and light switches were flicked on and off and once the landing light started swinging and the bulb broke. I got he blame for the light until my Mum realised I couldn't have reached it! See, ghosts can get you into trouble................One of the attic rooms was always cold and smely funny. An old man used to live in the house and he shut himself up in the attic and lived a reclusive lifestyle. Had I not encountered a ghost, I am sure I would be a non-believer. When one of my little doggies was put to sleep a few years ago, something used to be felt on the bed where I laid her whilst I was digging a grave for her. And I have seen her and Poppy since they died.

Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

This is spooky.......

My boys were 2 and 4 years old when we were finally given a council house many years ago. The house was pretty basic and in need of modernisation but we were thrilled with it. Right from day 1 both boys used to go into the kitchen every evening to "talk to the old man", I just assumed it was vivid imagination and to be honest I welcomed the peace that their absence gave me for a short time.As I began to get to know the neighbours I discovered that an old man had lived in the house for many years and had died there and within weeks of the old man's death his son had hanged himself, also in the house. These conversations between the old man and the boys continued for almost a year, then the council came in and modernised the house and completely replaced the kitchen - the boys never mentioned their "friend" again!

Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

This is spooky.......

This may be of interest

Opening Heaven's Door - article

Sorry it's the Daily Fail but it seems to have reported quite well on the book.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent