Their at it again

17 REPLIES 17

Their at it again

Oh petal not again, I cant understand if they don't want them breeding why they can't castrate them and let them live out their lives in peace. Such a shame.

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Or why can't they let another zoo have the giraffe?

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Because they have to abide by the rules!!  It's a bit like we have to abide by the law, even if the law is an ass.  You're still in big trouble if you break it.  The problem isn't with these individual zoos, it's with the men in suits at the top.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

So it's taken 7 years then as that is how old this giraffe is, such a shame, I can understand that as he is a cross bread it would muck up the gene pool, but they don't have to breed with him.

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

I disagree with the concept of zoo's anyway. Sanctuary's etc. yes, zoo's no. Thats just my opinion.

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Rubbish,

It just suits them to use surplus wildlife as food for the big cats.

The one they killed at the weekend was going to be given a lethal injection until they suddenly realised that would make it so much contaminated dead weight. Better idea, use a humane killer (There is a contradiction in terms!!) & use the meat to save on food bills in these economically trying times.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Photobucketthey could of sold both to other Zoo,s or even set it free

Petal
Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Its another Giraffe,,,i cannot look. Something should be done to those people not the animals!!.

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Woman Sad Breaks my heart

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

mine too, it's criminal.....

Photobucket

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

I do agree with zoos, they are necessary to protect and breed endangered species. This is why it is so hard to understand why this Danish zoo destroyed a perfectly healthy giraffe. I believe a British zoo had offered to take Marius, so don't quite understand why the Danish zoo didn't agree to it. No inbreeding problem, then.

Photobucket

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

That's it exactly  pix.  We don't know why.  I can't really see a zoo killing animals just for the fun of it.  There's obviously a reason, whether we agree with or understand that reason or not.  We do know the reason however, why newspapers embroider stories to make them more controversial!! 

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

I think if you and others read this article from beginning to end, it will give you the answers as to why Marius was put down.

It also provides the reason for not castrating him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26118748

If we want species to survive, sometimes hard decisions have to be made.

Cat and dog breeders do it all the time, not always to the betterment of the breed though, aka The Kennel Club...

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Smiley Indifferentthere was a bloke had the same idea with humans

Petal
Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Endangered species can be kept and bred at other sources. What about the non endangered who are kept in captivity for the viewing of the general public,  its not right imo.

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

I also agree with petal...the monster who wanted to expel bad genes.

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Their at it again

Whoaaa... I posted the BBC link to suggest people read a reasoned argument for putting Marius down as given by the Zoo Director as some people were saying they didn't understand why he was put down.

What's gene selection for people got to do with this?

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent