Some ebay sellers give us a bad name...!!!

My OH's boss asked me to order something for him while he was busy sunning himself in Barbados. It can only be sourced via one ebay seller. So I ordered 2 items, total £80, free delivery. Despatch promised within 3 days. That was on 30th April.

They have still not despatched, and when I contacted them last week to find out why it had not arrived and I'd not heard from them they just said they were expecting stock in on Monday and would despatch same day. No apology. I want to kick off (as does fiery Italian guy who is awaiting this order!!) but there is no-where else to get it.

So will just have to hope they do despatch today and then when it arrives leave the appropriate feedback for the *annoying seller* (those are the only appropriate words I could think of!!)

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Hello

Not really cool in the least as why list something if you have not got it in stock as not fair on the buyer !!

You could report seller for seller non performance as how long will you have still to wait for 2 items or/if  if items arrives ??!!

Report seller for non seller performance using the link below if so inclined

http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2016&rcode=IV%25P20073&subject=Seller%20

or

Report email received clearly stating that seller did not have items in stock (scroll down to bottom of email & will see the report link) 

If no item in a few days then open 1 case for each item 1 day after estimated delivery & escalate 8 days later if still no item or response from seller not to satisfaction or no response at all 

Have a look at the link below for future reference

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/ 

Also refuse any cancellation the seller sends you  as soon as received as seller will have to pay the FVF fees & rightly so  if seller  cannot get the items you bought  or still no items in a few days

Hope this helps Woman Wink

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks. It's just one order for 2 items. I am so annoyed as you should only sell stuff you have available now. I am a private seller and always state that I post within 2 days. I have only once in all my years ebaying, sent something a day late, and I messaged them right away to apologise. That's how you should treat buyers....

I will definitely complain about them, I just really want the items to arrive first.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

I had the same thing happen to me, on the other side of the coin though.  I promoted a triple pack of DVD's only to find my wife had given it to a charity shop!  I shot down there first thing the next morning but it was too late.  I immediately contacted the buyer, apologised, told him how I had try to buy back the item and post it off to him at a loss, and gave him a full electronic refund.  What does he do in answer to my immediate response?

"Sells items he does not have in stock - AVOID" plus my first and only negative feedback.  I replied immediately so all could read:  "ERROR MINE.  Full refund giver.  What more does he want - NEVER MADE AN ERROR/"  He cannot remove my comment.  It shows HIM up to being such a kind and understanding buyer - not!  I could have just as easily have let it go to arbitration.  Nasty, spiteful little man.  So contemptuous he never even bothered replying, so annoying, yes, but do try to make allowances because apart from having him on my b/b list, I have now become his personal Flying Dutchman watching him like a hawk.  Everything has to be just so with him.  He has a habit of firing off negative feedbacks so when that happens I contact the other person and tell him how I responded and advise them to do likewise.  There has to be a degree of tollerance.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

That's unfair isn't it, and yes there are bad buyers too. I am sorry you got horrid feedback like that 😞

In my case, the seller should have just contacted me to let me know there was a delay. If they promise to ship in 3 days they should at least have contacted me within 3 days.
The person I am buying for HATES bad customer service. He owns a large business himself, and he usually ships the same day & also sends the customer a photo of their packed item 🙂
So he expects others to be diligent too.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Thank you for your sympathy.  This was over Christmas and maybe I took it to heart. but I really, really tried to get it sorted out for him.  I would have been prepared to send it at a loss.  I really do take my feedback seriously, which is why it hurt so much.  The fact that this was only the third error I'd made in eight years bears this out.  If I get as far as a feedback of 1200 I'd like to think I'd have the grace to accept it and not leave negative feedback which lasts a full year.  As you  say, you get good and bad buyers as well as good and bad sellers.  It's water under the bridge now, but it took me a long time to climb down off the wall.  I've got about eight B/B'ers, but that's to remind me not to deal with them.  Don't let this put you off.  Anon, Fred.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

@*pixachu* wrote:

My OH's boss asked me to order something for him while he was busy sunning himself in Barbados. It can only be sourced via one ebay seller. So I ordered 2 items, total £80, free delivery. Despatch promised within 3 days. That was on 30th April.

They have still not despatched, and when I contacted them last week to find out why it had not arrived and I'd not heard from them they just said they were expecting stock in on Monday and would despatch same day. No apology. I want to kick off (as does fiery Italian guy who is awaiting this order!!) but there is no-where else to get it.

So will just have to hope they do despatch today and then when it arrives leave the appropriate feedback for the *annoying seller* (those are the only appropriate words I could think of!!)

IF they were expecting stock then why is it not possible to  find another source?

did you try the manufacturer to see if they had other outlets?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

I think it is manufactured in Italy. The boss tried to order in bulk direct from the manufacturer but was unable to for some reason.

I will have another look today becasue I have still not had despatch notification from the seller Cat Mad

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I seem to have placed an order in Italian, but no payment option, so who knows lol?!!
The ebayer still has no stock. Bit annoyed!!
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

what sort of product is it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent