Saloon Doors for a kitchen

A neighbour has asked me to look online for saloon doors for a kitchen; so far I have had no luck finding any, not sure they even make them any more. I like to be able to help people but I'm stumped with this one. Any ideas please?

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

We used to have them on our kitchen but took them off 'cos they got in the way.  They're still in our loft

I think, where they've been for about 30 years.

But no, I don't know where you can get them now, maybe have them made.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

@carolyorkie2010 wrote:

A neighbour has asked me to look online for saloon doors for a kitchen; so far I have had no luck finding any, not sure they even make them any more. I like to be able to help people but I'm stumped with this one. Any ideas please?

try this number they are on here...

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

try overstock.com

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

If you have a local timber merchant they usually stock doors of all sizes, you just put hinges on that swing both ways 😉 😄

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I'll tell her when i see her tomorrow. Will mention the timber merchants too, that sounds the best idea.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

I think they look nice Saloon doors,,,i remember when young i thought it would be cool to go bursting through them like a Cowgirl!!!.smily lady lassoo.gif

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

After all that, my neighbour has decided, on the advice of her joiner who was there today, not to have saloon doors! I'm glad really because they would have looked out of place in her style of house.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

did she want them  for the  look  or for the ease of  use?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

I think she wanted them for the look, Towery; she always has to be spending her money on something though Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Two friends of ours are sisters.  One has to have everything new within no time at all.  The other one has the attitude of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent