On the news this morning Royal mail to reduce price of up to 2kg parcels to £2.80 for Christmas

Well thats good news isn't it,  normally £8,  do you think it has something to do with the prices the couriers are doing it for and that more people are using couriers.

From the 20th October until mid to late January if I remember rightly.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

On the news this morning Royal mail to reduce price of up to 2kg parcels to £2.80 for Christmas

Its only going down from £3.90 to £2.80.  Not from £8.  That must be a different size.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

2kg medium parcel is £8.00, I can't find the story but I am sure they said up to 2kg would be £2.80 but of course there are so many different shapes and sizes.

Probably a case of watch this space.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I think it was a 2kg small parcel that was being reduced. I was disappointed as I rarely have those.

But they were increasing the small parcel size.

From thier website.

We're making some changes to our parcel services and prices from 20 October 2014
Our new, bigger Small Parcel size

From 20 October 2014, you will be able to send more for less with our new, bigger Small Parcel size.

We’ve taken the largest dimensions from our previous wide and deep Small Parcel sizes and combined them into one bigger size - now 45cm x 35cm x 16cm.

• Customers sending Small Parcels using stamps can enjoy a £1 saving compared with last year, when you send a parcel up to 2kg for just £2.80*.

*Based on sending a 2nd Class Small Parcel (45cm x 35cm x 16cm) up to 2kg, compared to the rates charged from 31 March to 19 October 2014 and after 19 January 2015. Available from 20 October 2014 until 18 January 2015.

Price changes from 20 October 2014

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Yes I have just asked in the post office and basically you can send a medium parcel for the price of a small parcel, ideal if you are sending books or shoes that sort of thing.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

No, of course not.  It has nothing to do with couriers taking away their precious business.  No, Royal Mail are doing this out of the goodness of their hear to wish everybody a wonderful, wonderful Christmas.

What, me - a cynic?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent