Nail varnish

Can anyone recommend a good nail varnish for toes one that actually stays on & doesn't come off when you go from flip flops into heels, I've always used Revlon in the past but it doesn't seem to be the same anymore, & I hate to see chipped varnish?

**********Sam**********
Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
30 REPLIES 30

Nail varnish

I know the Gel Nails and The Gel Nailvarnish is supposed to be good. Have not tried it yet myself but my friends Rave about it. it stays on a long time apparently!!.Woman Very Happy

Enjoy your time off Saasher.Woman Very Happy

Message 2 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

Thanks Rose! ((((())))) do you know what make the gel is?

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

I think all of the Different makes do them,,, their quite easy to spot. they look lovely and shiny, not dull you know what i mean. Marvala are a good make.Woman Happy

Message 4 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

That's a very good question, I have the same trouble myself.  I have just bought a Revlon one because the others didn't work.  I have all week this week without shoes so wont be able to test it until next week.

Message 5 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

Can recommend Sally Hansen Diamond Strength ....it stays put for ages ....

Just noticed they are advertising a new one called complete salon manicure ....there are some lovely colours too....might be worth a try ..........

Message 6 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

My toes are just plain weird...& varnish on them proves the point Pouty.gif

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 7 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

So are mine mercs, my big toes anyway, they seem to grow sideways, thanks to wearing court shoes in my younger days, and they are really thick, thanks to psoriasis, ugly, but they do look better with polish thankfully,

Message 8 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

OPI varnish is good.
Message 9 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

Must agree, OPI is lovely.  I use OPI topcoat on both hands and feet and the varnish stays on much much longer. I think a good quality topcoat is the answer to long stay varnish.  Gel varnish can be very hard to remove if you need to change the colour .

Message 10 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

Millielilac I found with the Sally H brand it tended to peel rather than chip

However the best of the best HAS to be Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.

I use it all the time and my toenails grow out rather than the polish chip off it's that long lasting!

I'd recommend it in that it means you can use any colour/make you like and it then just goes on top Woman Wink

Message 11 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

Have you tried Hammerite? It comes in different colours these days.

Message 12 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

Hammerite.......................?

I'll get me coat.

Message 13 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

shadowjet - you beat me.........just!

Message 14 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

LOL!. Us girls take our nail varnish very seriously , as you can tell by the answers I'm getting! LOL.
Actually your suggestion ain't half bad but I don't think they come in this seasons colours yet!.

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

I like the Rimmel 30 second professional one, also love the nice flat brush with it, makes applying so much easier
Photobucket
Message 16 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

My toes get OPI varnish and it lasts for 4 weeks usually

Photobucket
Message 17 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

OPI all the way.  On fingers and toes.  I'm wearing one on my hands and have touched it up and recoated after slogging in the garden.  Been on 2 weeks, you can see the growth, LOL.  If you buy it direct, they often have 3 for2 and the like.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 18 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

I find Avon diamond nailwear pro+ great and certainly lasts on my finger nails and I do an awful lot of typing for work then when I get home they are in and out of hot water with the endless rounds of dirty dishes/mugs

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 19 of 31
See Most Recent

Nail varnish

I've looked up Oli , haven't they got some gorgeous colours?

**********Sam**********
Message 20 of 31
See Most Recent