Keyboard need cleaning?

Keyboars in a bit of a state and need cleaning?  Don't waste money buying special sprays from about a fiver - a baby wipe will do the job perfectly at a fraction of the cost, and is also perfect for the monitor and tower, as well as the television screen and mirrors etc.

It might be that everybody knows it, but I'm going to send it up to Chat tips page - if they print it, it's worth a pony - £25.00 and I get to see my name in print! 

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Keyboard need cleaning?

Its already a well known tip.. that, along with a cotton bud dipped in alcohol, or the long nozzle on the vacuum cleaner!

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

And here's me, thinking I'm the first to work that one out!Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

I wouldn't use a wet wipe on a flat screen tv or monitor! I do use them for lots of things though. An anti bacterial one for the keyboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

You have to be careful with the vacuum cleaner, though, as somehow, it can end up blowing your computer (something about static and earthing blah blah something I don't understand!) - an expensive cleaning job!

I use wipes all the time on mine 🙂
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

A pastry brush does a good job of cleaning crumbs from a keyboard.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

An antibacterial one though?  Don't tell me - it'll stop it picking up A NASTY VIRUS! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

Pastry brush for the keyboard, and then a quick once over with the baby wipes.  Baby wipes are brilliant for getting paint spatters of of wood and plastic. I use them to wipe off my wooden chests of drawers, in fact I use them for allsorts. When we had our house painted last summer the wind changed and I got paint spots on my beloved car,  painter used water on one side of the bonnet and I used baby wipes, the baby wipes won.  I dont use them on mirrors or glass though as they smear.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

Woman LOL  Good one Fred!!

Iuse whatever's handiest for the TV, the monitor, and the keyboard, and that's usually a wet dishcloth!

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

I clean mine with Spectacle wipes in the little sachets. We found some once where i worked and brought some home. They do get mucky. Food gets in mine where i sit here munching and it falls between the keys ha ha ha .LOL.Woman LOL

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

Mee too, rose - I thought I was the only one here with dirty habits 😄 !

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

That's three of us then my I Pad screen gets covered in greasy marks from eating toast whilst typing, I just use a damp cloth to clean mine & dry it straight away with a clean tea towel, same on my laptop & main computer!

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

I use a small paintbrush that I keep for the keyboard, great for flicking crumbs out of the keys!

OH has wopes for the screen, and I have this yellow blob like playdough that you can rub over the keys and it picks up bits, it was only 99p and  does work quite well.

Photobucket

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

I have a black and white cow shaped screen cleaner with a special microfibre cloth on her tummy - does a grand job of cleaning.

One day I discovered why we often have problems with the keyboards at work - the cleaner turns them upside down and bangs them on the desk to clean them.

I use an alcohol wipe wrapped round a lolly stick to clean betweem the keys on my keyboard at work, finish off with the wipe over the tops of the keys, and I then give my trackball a good wipe. The only problem is that the letters are wearing off my keys. I use stiffish brush to clean the contacts in my trackball - the fluff really builds up.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Keyboard need cleaning?

I thought you were going to say the Cow comes out of the screen with a MOO and does it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ha ha ha ha LOL.Woman LOL

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent