Is everyone's Home looking wonderful??? Or ....

I'm convinced they probably are, but try as I might I never seem to have everywhere uncluttered, tidy and clean.  I would love to walk into any room, and see it looking like other people's homes.

There seems to be so many jobs, but never looks streamlined and "cosy welcoming", just OK!

Feeling a little down-in-the-dumps, as cannot understand how other people achieve a WOW, tidy, pretty neat and lovely look, whereas mine is Whoops, are you in middle of moving, and is this the Kitchen or Living Room??!!!

Is there anyone who is sadly somewhat shabby?

amethyst  (hanging my head)

Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
30 REPLIES 30

Remember:

“A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.” 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 31
See Most Recent

I must admit, I don't like clutter but I have lots of big cupboards.  I'm not saying they're tidy!!! Woman Wink

Message 22 of 31
See Most Recent

We too have lots of big cupboards - just wish that "him indoors" would get round to putting stuff away in them! I haven't seen upstairs for nearly 4 years and I dread to think what it looks like.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 23 of 31
See Most Recent

@ilove2patch wrote:

Remember:

“A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.” 

So true Smiley Happy

Anyone who comes to visit me goes back out sporting the latest fashion accessory...cat hair!!! It's everywhere. And cat toys. And bunny toys. And various other bits and bobs. It's clean and I hoover every day, but showhome it ain't. A home should be a home, all homely ( and full of cat hair ) 🙂

Message 25 of 31
See Most Recent

i KEEP MY FLAT CLEAN AND MODERATELY TIDY BUT NO WAY IS IT A SHOW FLAT.  I have chairs in living area with legs coming apart,,, need some new ones and sofa is bit shabby,,, its big and cream leather but clawed by Bubbles my cat when we first brought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I did not pay at the time my ex brought it!!!!!!!. Its lived in my place. I try and keep cat hair to a minimum,, not too bad.

Woman Happy

Message 26 of 31
See Most Recent

We fescued two rabbits, and they now have to live in our living room. For which read, our living room is now a rabbit hutch! My wife goes bananas! Hay on the floor (yes I clear it up several times every day) the furniture chewed....Oh happy days! But I wouldn't consign my two little furry chums to the casserole for anything, and I'm quite keen on the rabbits also <g>

Matt
Message 27 of 31
See Most Recent

hay on the floor???????????

We usually have a few things hanging around or cushions not plumped up but it's our home.

If anyone comes to visit we tidy up a bit, but we live here!!!

Photobucket

Message 28 of 31
See Most Recent

An " or" house here.
Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 29 of 31
See Most Recent

I'm afraid my home is in boxes at the moment cos I is moving! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 30 of 31
See Most Recent

Our house is tidy and clean but lived in.  I couldn't be doing with living in a show house.

Good luck with the move Sam.

Message 31 of 31
See Most Recent