Have tou tried Windows 10 yet, and if so what do you think to it?

I have tried it and I quite like it.

I have a new poot ( a birthday pressie), very posh windows surface tablet. I am getting to quite like it. I am a coward though, I chose Windows 8.1 as I didn't want to have to get used to a new poot and a new operating system at the same time.

I will upgrade to Windows 10 in a few weeks when I am used to the tablet.

I am however sticking with my old version of Office , I object to being charged £6 per month for Windows 365.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

To stop having to enter your password every time the computer starts do the following:

In the search box type 'run'. (no inverted commas).

In the run box type 'netplwiz'

In the box that appears deselect the password request - top box.

Click on 'apply'

Enter your password twice in the two boxes and click 'OK'

Click on 'OK' again.

Reboot your computer.  Job done.

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

The general consensus of opinion amongst any 'techies' that I am acquainted with - plus a couple of computer repair shops - is that it's the work of the Devil.

So for myself, it's a ten foot bargepole. I'll stick with Windows 7.

Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

As a freelance computer engineer who makes a living out of repairing peoples PCs I can tell you that, so long as you follow a few simple rules, Win 10 is vastly superior to anything that Microsoft have ever made.

It uses less resources so your PC will run quicker, It is vastly more secure and much easier to use.

When you upgrade from Win 7, Win 8.1 or any other version you need to follow the following simple steps.

Make sure that all peripherals (printers, external hard drives, games controllers etc.) are switched on and connected to the PC.

Uninstall any anti virus software, malware software and spyware software. (these can cause a installation conflict and will stop Win 10 from installing cleanly).

If you have not done so already set up a Microsoft Account (no credit card needed - just an .outlook.com email).

Allow 2-3 hours to complete the download and installation.

Reinstall your protection software (although you do not need it as Windows 10 has a very good protection swuite already installed).

Once Win 10 has completed and you have logged in remember to reboot the computer.

Job done - enjoy.

Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

If it's of any use to anybody, I used to use Google Chrome browser; when I ran XP Pro & also Windows 7........However, since running windows 10, Chrome has proved to be pretty useless; so I swopped to Firefox and that now works really well.

Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent