Good Grief....DUCK??????

now I've never roasted a full duck before, so I went online and found out how to do it.

The whole house filled up with a thin hue of fog as it roasted and spat it's way to perfection.....talk about spit!!!!

we have just spent the last hour cleaning out the oven, he did the oven I did the shelves....

methinks I won't be buying a roasting duck again............

Photobucket

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Good Grief....DUCK??????

100[1].gif

@captainbovine wrote:

now I've never roasted a full duck before, so I went online and found out how to do it.

The whole house filled up with a thin hue of fog as it roasted and spat it's way to perfection.....talk about spit!!!!

we have just spent the last hour cleaning out the oven, he did the oven I did the shelves....

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

Hello

I know how you feel lol Woman LOL

However I am sure that the duck was a success & lovely to eat ??!!

Have a fab Easter weekend Woman Wink

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

Why's my little man so big?   ( now that's a sentence that I thought I would never utter ):womansurprised:

********************************************************************************

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

Just line the oven with tin foil before roasting the duck

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

there's no answer to that Merc........

Photobucket

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

@captainbovine wrote:

there's no answer to that Merc........

Never mind the answer CB...what the heck would have been the question ?t1101.gif

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

Use a roasting bag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

it would just sit in it's own fat then though wouldn't it?

Photobucket

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

I make a little hole in the bottom of the bag. Cook it on a rack & keep draining any fat off. The Gressingham ones aren't very fatty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

you clever Maggie you! very good idea....now I may think twicecooking smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

I just love duck so I have found a way! lol

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

Or do it in the Aga, you never have to clean the oven!  Woman Wink

The top makes up for it though! Woman Sad 

I never do a whole duck though, just breasts as there's nothing on the rest of it.

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

I quite often buy legs as they are more affordable but a breast is gorgeous for a real treat.

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

I must admit that I'm not overly fond of duck and I do like most foods.

Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

why don't you need to clean an aga's oven?

I'd love an aga...

Photobucket

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

I love confit duck though the calories don't bear thinking about

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

Because it's always on, 24/7 so anything that's  splashed on it turns to ash.  If you drop an oven chip in the bottom it turns to carbon after a few days.

But unfortunately anything spilt on the top burns on too if you don't get it off.  Oil is the worst because it sort of bakes on, and of course when you wash it down/clean it, it's just like cleaning your electric cooker with the rings still fully on.

That's why I get my cleaner to do it!!  

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

@captainbovine wrote:

I would be interested to know what they suggested you do online! Smiley Very Happy

When I cook a whole duck, I make sure the skin is very dry, then I salt it , prick it all over on the top with a fork, and then whack in the oven on middle shelf at about 200c for 10/15 minutes (depending on weight), take it out, drain off the fat, reduce the heat to 180c until it's cooked. No smoke, no messy oven... well no more than cooking anything else not covered. 

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

Good Grief....DUCK??????

OOOhhh dear i love Duck but have not attempted to cook it yet..I dont want to ruin my Range oven. Their so fatty are they not,,spitting everywhere. Ohhhhhh Captain.Woman LOL

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent