FERRAGAMO Shoes...can anyone DATE THEM

Picked up a pair of Ferragamos with outrageous heels (triangular chiselled with leather covered arches - the sole only covers the ball of the foot to the toe)....can't find anything like them. I know they are authentic but can anyone remember seeing anything like them....and WHEN? The inner label liner is classic Ferragamo but rubbed so no clues- I think the model number is SC 390.

Fortune may favour the Brave...but...eBay favours the Buyer!
Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

They look like 1930 or 40s to me that sort of style anyway. I dont know much about shoes I am afraid
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Well....it's been solved...they are 1968/9 and the heel is a patented one from Ferragamo called Geo! Ok...not quite solved by me...I emailed the Ferragamo Museum (yes....they have their own museum!) and a lovely lady called Francesca told me....plus ....if I'd care to part with them they might like to add them to their collection!!!! Seeing as I'm unlikely to wear them very often....it looks like they might find a resting place back in Italy rather than (eventually) a bin in England!

Wonder if they'd consider a swap......now that's an idea....a nice NEW pair of Ferragamos.....OOOooooooooo!!!!!!! Now that might be one of the best £4 shoe buys I've had!!!

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Well done you always nice to know the background of things isn't it
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Might be worth a bit. I had a book from the Miller's people I think it was, and it gave guide prices for old types of shoe. Ferragamo was a good name. See if you can find them in any Miller's catalogue.
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

I've been offered 'New for old'!!! So...if I 'donate' the shoes to the museum I can get a free pair of Ferragamos! I will get the full details when they next reply! I assume they give you a '£ limit'!!! I don't think I'd get as much as a new pair of Ferragamos on eBay TBH! They are very interesting from an academic perspective but I doubt they are worth a fortune!

I reckon it's a good deal! I paid a whopping £4 for them!!!! BARGAIN! Of course...I could also sell the 'new' shoes.....just hope I can get them via the post...don't fancy trotting up to London! I'd have to wear the Ferragamos I'm currently selling....and 'posh up'!!!lol

Seriously....whilst I get a good deal out of it, the museum gets a pair of shoes that might have been lost forever! I will have saved them for posterity! If I wore them they would get damaged ...although they are awfully comfortable and as light as a feather!

Anyway...I haven't had a new pair of shoes for ages.... Quite exciting really!!! Gosh that sounds sad....

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Why should there be a limit? Remember how much it actually costs them to produce a new pair of shoes. The mark up on designer goods is enormous

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

I wouldn't know a posh shoe make from a cheap one! Never heard of Ferragamo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

They make beautiful stylish shoes. They are not gimmicky like Jimmy Choos or Louboutin but very comfortable and supremely constructed...and unlike most cheap shoes....they do last! I have had one pair of very low heel Vara Bows for about 15 years (and they were 2nd hand) and they are still looking great! If you look up the history of Salvatore Ferragamo you'll see that most modern shoes owe their construction to him!

I don't say they are worth £300 or so but seriously, you can pick them up 2nd hand very reasonably...often for less than a pair of cheap shoes...but you'll tell the difference when they are on your feet! I can't wear 'stilettos' but their lower heels are brilliant if your on your feet all day!

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

I have heard of Jimmy Choos (Sex & the City) but none of the others. I am not a shoe person. I would live in my Crocs if I could! lol Well done on your find though. With your knowledge you should be able to come across more bargains.:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

So glad you get a new pair! I should think they ARE of historical importance, looking at the highly original heel style.
Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Brilliant deal there Sheena
Photobucket
Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent