Edinburgh concert...

anyone watching it? I must admit I think it is fab! I don't usually go for stuff like that but I've enjoyed it immensly. (sp?)

I have also discovered a group from USA called One Republic...they were great!

Photobucket

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Edinburgh concert...

I watched all of it apart from switching over when that irritating little man Ronnie Corbett was on.

Yep, all was mostly very good although Boy George was rather lacking in his tempo and seems to have forgotten a lot of the lyrics.

Best of the llot for me was Smokey Robinson who still sounded almost the same as I remembering him many years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

I'm with  you there about Boy George, he was rubbish! let's hope it's another 15yrs before we have to listen to that again.

Bill Bailey was a hoot...literally....

Photobucket

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

I felt embarrassed for Ronnie Corbett. Loved Smokey Robinson; also (dare I say it ) enjoyed Culture Club. Jessie J was great as always. Thought it was a really good concert but I fell asleep and missed all of Il Divo!

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

We liked most of it. Loved Culture Club although they lost their way a bit! lol Kiaser Chiefs were great as was Jessie J. Didn't think much of Smokey or the opera type stuff. Poor Ronnie should have stayed home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

I saw part of it at my club but the sound was turned down when they called the meat raffle!  Who was the chap in the red jacket duetting with the bird with hoop earrings and a flat chest?  Looked a bit like David Gest?

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

Mouse, that was Smokey Robinson with Jessie J.

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

Oh thank you.  Yes he did look a bit like Smokey used to!  The boys at my table couldn't get over Jessie's flat frontage!

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

Yes, we watched a bit of it, thought it was ok but son thought it was awesome!

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

I thought the concert was good but the sound was dreadful.

It looked like a lot of the performers were dying because there were no mikes on the audience.

We couldn'y hear their participation, which spoilt it for me.

......................................................................................................................

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer!
Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

I was switching channels when i spied Boy George on there but he made me feel slightly ill LOl. I thought he looked a bit like a Conchita Wurst. Woman SurprisedWoman LOL. I always used to be a big fan of his and have loved the sound of his voice singing, and speaking but i think hes had his day now really. Bless him!!.Woman Mad

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Edinburgh concert...

I've been away working but my brother recorded it for me, so I've sat & watched it, I thought it was great apart from as others have said , Boy George, who has now learnt stuffing substances up your nose ruins a once great voice,Ronnie's Corbett who looked very uncomfortable ! & Smokey, well,for his age he did well but like David Guest seems to have had an overdose of the plastic surgeon,
I especially liked the American acts & also the gorgeous South African Soprano, what a voice.all in all a great concert.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent