Diabetic question....

have any of you type two's ever had trouble with your taste buds?

today I was eating a few pringles and they tasted as if they had been sprayed with salt water...I've felt really sick since!

I've noticed too my sense of taste is going too...do any of you suffer with that too? OH says it's the tablets but I've no idea what is doing it as it's only started a couple of months ago and I've been type 2 since 2003

Photobucket

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Diabetic question....

What tabs are you on CB? Are you injecting?

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

I have Metformin 2000mg and the Victosa pen (it's not insulin though)

and a shed full of other stuff for this and that (bp, nerve pain etc)

Photobucket

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

Have any of them been a recent change?

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

no, that's the strange thing.

but I can't get this salty water taste out of my mouth now and its making me feel sick.sad smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

I know sometimes if they alter the brand of Metformin that I've been on it makes me feel sick until I get used to them, I do think we do get the dry mouth. But without knowing what other medication your on it's difficult, have you considered asking your Dr if he could review your medications in case one is affecting the others or you may just need at tweek in dosage , either way CB you should get it checked out, I can't have me coo not in tip top condition!

**********Sam**********
Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

aaawww bless ya Sam. I'm off the docs on 22nd so I'm going to mention it.

I can't stop falling asleep either.....quick....call the vet!!!hospital smiley.gif

laffin.gif

Photobucket

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

can not help cb i know my taste buds are not good but i have always put that down to the wicked weed.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

ah now I don't smoke. It just started, this salty business a couple of weeks ago and nothing has changed meds wise except she cut one of my bp tabs down by half.

once I'd tasted those cheese and onion pringles yakk yakkty yakk....the salty taste just wouldn't go away!!

I'm chewing sugar free gum to take the taste away but it's not working much.

Photobucket

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

That's another thing that should be checked out CB, task before morning milking , start making a list of things that are out of the ordinary, ie, feeling sick, salty taste in mouth, falling asleep more than usual., memory , could all be down to diabetes, even feeling stroppier more than normal .

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

CB, you have mail.xx.

**********Sam**********
Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Diabetic question....

CB I have recently had a bug.  Over it but tastebuds and sense of smell are so not back to normal.  All food tastes charcoaly.  OH complainied this morning about the smell of garlic in the fridge, turns out he'ss been smelling it for a week.'Twas the top of my lazee garlic cross threaded(and it does STINK!!!).

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent