DEAR DAZYPICHU - SOME ADVICE PLEASE.

Dear Dazy, I would be grateful for some advice on nutritional issues.  I already take Biotta Breuss because my body cannot tolerate a lot of fresh veg.

I'm having a bit of a relapse and have been looking for something else to give me some energy, the fatigue factor of Myeloma is very prevalent and I get tired very quickly.  So.  My research found :

Spirulina, supposedly a 'complete' food since the time of the Aztecs and also NZ Barley Grass Powder (which claims to have 11 times the calcium of cows milk and 6 times the amount of vitamin C as oranges).  That sounds good, but it must be quite potent because they recommend you starrt on one quarter of a teaspoon a day and build up to one teaspoon - to deal with it's antioxidant effects - I assume that means you go to the loo!  Blueberries are also recommended. The calcium is important as my condition leads to bone thinning and fractures, particularly in the vertebrae.

My diet is lousy - I have virtually no appetite and live a lot on Ensure drinks, which are 1,000 calories a bottle.

Can you help me?  If anyone else out there can help, please jump in.  Many thanks, Rainy xx. 

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

carol sent you pm

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Kate - you have mail xx.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Sorry, Carol, don't pop in much and only just seen this. However you are with envelope now:-)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you Julie, I am researching re. your post.  This could take some time, lol.  Thank you for your reply xx.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent