Could someone if they know it, tell me the shelf life of clotted cream please.

Hello,

I am trying to find out the above information but I am not coming up with much on google, does anyone know what it is please?

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

I don't know officially, but I've eaten it more than a week out of date. It was delicious !!!.   I take a little taste and if it's not sour I eat it, and I've never poisoned myself yet. Obviously you have to keep it cold.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

I agree...do the old sniff & taste test Woman Wink

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Mmmmmmmmm may have to come to that, thank you. Xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Found in Google, shelf life if in refrigerator is 5 to 7 days.

They sometimes put dates on as you know that are irrelevent really just to make you dispose of something and buy new. As suggested the old sniff and taste test should stand you well.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

@dark_castle1 wrote:

Found in Google, shelf life if in refrigerator is 5 to 7 days.

They sometimes put dates on as you know that are irrelevent really just to make you dispose of something and buy new. As suggested the old sniff and taste test should stand you well.

Arrrrr, thanks for that dark castle, brilliant.  At least I do have something to go on.  Most appreciated xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Won't help you if it is off, but clotted cream does freeze ok and also makes lovely shortbread, if you have a surplus to use up 🙂

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

@rsjlew wrote:

Won't help you if it is off, but clotted cream does freeze ok and also makes lovely shortbread, if you have a surplus to use up 🙂

Freeze it, that's handy xx do I just freeze as is or do I have to do anything with it first.XXX ta muchly xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

No problem busty, just happy I could be of some assistance.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Sorry only just saw your question! I had clotted cream left Christmas beforelast as I went down with flu on Boxing day, so it didn't get eaten up as usual 😉 I just shoved the pot in the freezer, then when I found the shortbread recipe, took it out and defrosted it. The main clotted cream maker( R*dda) have a website giving tips and recipies too 🙂

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

@rsjlew wrote:

Sorry only just saw your question! I had clotted cream left Christmas beforelast as I went down with flu on Boxing day, so it didn't get eaten up as usual 😉 I just shoved the pot in the freezer, then when I found the shortbread recipe, took it out and defrosted it. The main clotted cream maker( R*dda) have a website giving tips and recipies too 🙂

Thank you, I have decided I shall experiment a bit with freezing.  Xxxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

hahahhaaa wouldn't be any left in our house, oooooh I love clotted cream, especially the crusty bit on the top....yum yum

Photobucket

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Try this................

Peel, core and quarter some firm conference pears. Put in a roasting tin and add a good helping of dried or fresh cranberries. Add a good amount of maple syrup so the pears are well coated and roast in the oven till the pears have softened a bit (but not squishy). Serve with clotted cream.  We have a fantastic pear tree (along with many other fruits) so it's a regular in our house when then they are in season.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

@023mjc wrote:

Try this................

Peel, core and quarter some firm conference pears. Put in a roasting tin and add a good helping of dried or fresh cranberries. Add a good amount of maple syrup so the pears are well coated and roast in the oven till the pears have softened a bit (but not squishy). Serve with clotted cream.  We have a fantastic pear tree (along with many other fruits) so it's a regular in our house when then they are in season.

That sounds lush...me mouth is watering Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

It is lush, and not much preperation.  It can be cooking while you eat your main course and no particular timing.  It doesn't  really matter if it comes out with the pairs still a bit crunchy or a bit softer. I suppose it would work with apples too.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent